Decision D

If there was one thing you'd learned from horror movies, it was to keep moving. Turning away from the temptation of answers, you shifted your attention to the long hallway that seemed a lot longer now that you were staring into it.

  Sucking in a deep breath, you thought, It's just a regular hallway. What's the worst that could happen?" and trudged forwards.

  You winced slightly as your echoed footsteps made a bit too much noise for comfort. The dim lights hanging overhead eerily swayed from side to side. You shivered.

  Step after step you took, the end never appeared to get closer. A small voice at the back of your head told you you weren't even moving forwards, but you chose to ignore it. Of course you had to be moving, you were walking straight towards the end!

  But after maybe fifteen minutes of seemingly pointless walking (which felt like ten hours), you realized you may have been mistaken. You looked behind you and expected to see the room you were previously in just a few feet away.

  How wrong you were. You had indeed been walking the entire time, as proved by the unending hallway behind you. You turned again and noticed it seemed to stretch out as equally endlessly both ways.

  You bit your lip, eyes watering. You hated this place. You hated it so much. You just wanted to get back home. But you knew you had to press on. You shook the thoughts away and returned your attention forwards.

  Er, wait, was that even forwards? Or was it the other way? You frantically looked side to side but it all looked the same. A sob squeezed it's way past your throat and through your trembling lips.

  You squeezed your eyes shut. "God, this can't be happening... This can't be happening... This isn't real..." you quietly repeated to yourself.

  A wet trail of salty water followed down the slope of your cheekbones before eventually reaching your chin and falling off. You breathed out a few deep breaths and allowed yourself to look behind you once more. Oh how you wish you hadn't...

  A giant monster towered over you, at least three times your own width. It had no head, but instead a large metal safe atop its shoulders, with barbed wires wrapped around it and a trace of blood leaking out of it. It wore a dirty, bloodied apron that reminded you of that of a butcher's.

  Your breath caught in your throat. You didn't know how to react. What the hell were you supposed to do when faced in a situation like this!?

  It lifted its gloved arm and only then did you notice the giant spiked hammer it was wielding.

  Your body moved before your mind could react, and you found yourself sprinting away faster than you ever thought you could.

  Legs burning and throat sore from the screaming you hadn't noticed you'd done, you stumbled in your footing as you ran, but it didn't stop you from moving.

  You dared a quick glance behind you, and much to your relief yet slight discomfort, there was no boogeyman behind you. Your feet slowed to a jog before eventually stopping all the way. There was... only its head on the ground.

  Your heart felt faint. Had you just imagined all of it? Had you even imagined the dead bodies you'd encountered before? Was any of it real?

  Despite knowing curiosity killed the cat, you reluctantly crept towards the rusted metallic safe-keep. Nothing about this felt right. You had to get out of this place. If walking into an insane asylum with bodies piled up at the front wasn't enough to drive you away, a giant butcher-like walking safe-head sure as hell was. Real or otherwise.

  You turned around to where you thought was the exit before releasing a blood-curling scream. It was right in front of you.

  You stumbled back and tripped over your own feet, making you fall right on your ass. You tried crawling away but it quickly reached down and snatched your leg before you could escape for good.

If you have the ax, continue to Decision D1. If you don't, continue to Decision D2.