Woofers

"I know how to say his name Joe," Barry motioned to his brother in annoyance.

Joe shook his head, "you didn't even say the right name,"he sighed. Barry looked at him like he had grown to heads, "you were at his christening Barry, you should know this, what named was he christened with?"

Realisation dawned on Barry, a goofy smile split across his face and a warm feeling spread through his heart, "oh,"he smiled. He turned to face the monster once more with confidence blossoming in his features, "Sebastian Allen," nothing happened, but Barry didn't loose hope, "Sebastian Allen, Sebastian Allen," the beast froze mid lunge. It's pupils dilated and it closed its gaping mouth. It sat back on its haunches and looked at its hands and arms before surveying the rest of its body. The beasts ear were flattened to its skull and a soft whine emitted from it's throat. The beast was clearly disgusted by its own appearance. It saw the massive scratches and indents on the floor and it placed its claws in them. The beast gingerly pulled back its hand from the floor as another soft whine escaped it. Barry's heart clenched at the noise. The beast noticed him, it's ears were still pressed against its skull. On all fours it crept towards the Father and son duo, its tail was between its legs and its body close to the ground. It stooped when the chains allowed it to go no further. Barry placed his hand on the force field. His eyes began to fill with pity and sorrow. The beast noticed, it retreated back wards into one of the corners of the room and curled up into a tight ball, facing away from Barry, who felt guilt belittle him. Joe guided the meta human brother out of the room gently, leaving the beast brother to wallow in its misery.

It was later on that night when Barry sat back in his couch that he really let what had happened that day wash over him. His apartment lights were dimly lit and his curtains were drawn tight. Iris sat on the couch next to him as the TV rattled onwards. He tried to focus on the screen, but his mind kept drifting back to is brother. He kept visualising the form of his brother writhing in agony as a mangy and hairy beast burst out of his skin. The look of sheer pain and terror on his face was haunting. It left an imprint on Barry's eyes. He could picture his brother now, still a monster, still curled up in a ball in the corner of his little cell. It had become more like a cage. Barry felt a longing for his father to return deep in his chest. Henry always knew what to say. He had asked Barry about Sebastian nearly every time his son visited him in prison. The father of two had really badly wanted to visit his son after his freedom, but Sebastian made it clear that just because the man had been proven guilty, didn't make him innocent.

Barry felt Irises delicate hand squeeze his knee reassuringly. He turned to look at her smiling face, she turned off the TV and swivels her body round to face him, "what's up?" She asked as he just blinked in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he turned to face her properly. Her hair was pulled back into a bun, and her soft brown eyes glittered gorgeously. His heart nearly skipped a beat.

"You are really worried about Sebastian, aren't you," she stared at him with knowing eyes as a sad smile graced her face.

"Yeah, I am," Barry admitted as he rubbed the back of his neck, "he looked like he was in so much pain, he looked like a caged animal,"

"Maybe that because he was," Iris sighed sadly, she too felt increasingly sorry for what happened to the boy, "he was in agony, and we all just stared at him as though he was a monster. I know he was never the nicest person, but I don't think he deserves to be put on display when he is his most vulnerable,"

Barry felt the weight of what she said sink in. She was right, they had treated him like a circus animal. They forced him into a cage and shown him how afraid they were. It must have been awful, he was isolated and alone when he needed people the most. He felt a sense of urgency ripple through him, "you are a genius," he placed his hands on either side of her head and planed a kiss on her hair, "I will be back," he announced as he vanished into thin air. Iris just smiled happily to herself, she hoped that she had made a difference.

Barry's raced into S.T.A.R. Labs, he felt the wind whipping against himself as he ran to where they were keeping Sebastian. He froze. Disbelief wracked him. He stared around in complete and utter disbelief. Sebastian was gone, the barrier was destroyed and his chains lay in ruins around his cell. He had escaped. Barry felt panic take over him, he couldn't let Sebastian run around Central City whilst he was looking like he did. He knew it was late, but he called Cisco and Caitlin. Joe was preoccupied with Cecile, so Barry thought it was best to leave him out of this one. Barry surveyed the room once more. There were even deeper and longer scratch marks lining the floor, he had obviously been trying very hard to escape, but how he did it baffled Barry. The Flash walked over the the scratch marks and knelt down next to them. Something didn't feel right. He the began to look over the chains, they were bent badly out of shape, but none of the links were broken. The chain look like it had been cut with something very hard and very hot.