Gore

Barry completely froze as he took in the sight before him. His brother was nearly no longer recognisable. His limbs were flailing around him in unnatural positions and a large pool of blood had gathered around his body, and was pouring out from a bullet wound in his shoulder. "What the hell happened?" His voice was barely a whisper. Caitlin yelled in surprise at the horror before her.

"He had a knife at Irises neck, and he admitted to killing his parents and that priest, then I shot him," Joe explained as regret began to gnaw away at him.

"So you shot him?" Barry was still in shock, he didn't know what to say. All he felt was numb pain and betrayal. He had hoped so hard that Sebastian was innocent, that he really did have nothing to do with these murders. He hadn't meant it when he joked that his brother was a killer.

"I'm sorry Barry, he didn't have a choice," Iris came to his defence, she was slowly coming back down to earth. She could feel her voice shaking just like her body, but she needed to be brave. Barry stared at his family with broken eyes, he could feel anger bubbling in his chest, not at Iris or Joe, but at Sebastian, he couldn't look at his brother's body. He felt tears beginning to threaten to fall down his face. He didn't know how to express the intense emotions he felt.

"Uh, guys," Caitlin squeaked nervously, she was crouched down by the body, disbelief was written all over her face, "he isn't dead," Barry snapped his attention over to her. He put his grief and betrayal aside as he knelt down by Caitlin. Joe and Iris kept their distance, "feel this," she grabbed Barry's hand and placed it on top of his brother's chest. He felt his eyes expand in shock. He had a heart beat. His chest was rising slowly, and falling even slower, but he was alive.

"What the hell," he whispered. He looked up at Joe and Iris with shock, "he has a heart beat," Caitlin squeaked in horror as the bullet that was embedded in Sebastian's shoulder was slowly being pushed back into the open air. After a few minutes, it clattered the ground noisily. Barry couldn't believe what he was seeing. The hole slowly had more and more strips of flesh being strung together. The flesh began to weave together until his skin was perfectly back to normal, "okay, that is weird," he admitted. Something was very wrong with his brother.

Barry stared over his brother's body. They had moved it up to Caitlin's lab so that see could find out what was happening and why that murderer was regenerating. The anger Barry had felt before was now one hundred times stronger. He was seething with rage. After all that had happened, of course it was Sebastian who killed his parents. He really must have been a cold blooded murderer. His body was mangled and nearly unrecognisable, but Barry knew it was him. It almost gave him relief. His whole body had leather straps wrapped tightly around him, tying him to the bed. Handcuffs were also in use. They were not going to take any chances. Every now and then Barry noticed that another part of Sebastian had healed. A dark part of him wished so bad that he would stop recovering and just stay dead. He had tried to kill Iris. "So from my tests I figured out that we have at least another day until he is healed enough to even wake up," Caitlin announced as she strutted into the room with Cisco trailing at her heels. They had both spent a long time trying to figure out how the heck Sebastian was still alive. They had been working from the very moment they figured out he was still alive.

"That quick?" Barry asked. If if were him, he would have been dead, and even if he had somehow survived, even with his super speed it would take him months to recover.

"Yes," Caitlin nodded as she checked over her calculations, "he heals much faster than you," she found that quite shocking. It was amazing that Barry's brother was alive, however, he was a murderer which made Caitlin question why she was trying to figure this out. Was it so they could find a way to stop him if need be? If so, then she would happily oblige.

"But how can he heal like that?" Cisco asked, "both of Barry's parents were human, it shouldn't be possible," he looked with spite towards the criminals body. He had seemed like a decent enough person. That just goes to show that first impressions weren't always accurate.

"And he wasn't in Central City the night of the particle accelerator explosion," Barry added. He wanted to get to the bottom of this so bad it hurt. His anger and rage was swirling with grief and regret. He hated it, it made him feel weak and powerless.

"I don't know," she replied, "I looked at his cells and looks like they were building entirely new ones, using his DNA at an incredibly fast rate," Barry and Cisco shared a look of discontent. Something wasn't right.

It was a few hours later when Caitlin was alone in the Lab at lunch that all hell broke loose. Her eyes were drooping slightly, she had been in the lab all night and all morning, she had been there since the moment they had figured out the boy was still alive. She was revising her calculations and all of her studies. The lab was stuck in a gloomy silence. She huffed as she began packing things into her bag, she really needed to stop working after they closed early on Fridays. A loud bang erupted through the entire building. Caitlin jumped in surprise and immediately ran towards the source of the sound, which might have been her final mistake. She slowed her pace down to a near silent creep as she edged slowly into the raised room that Sebastian was being held. The white room was still organised with neat clusters of medical instruments, but what was in the centre of the room made her heart stop.