UP Diliman Ghost Stories

U.P Diliman Ghost Stories

===========================================================================

The Demon

A similar story is going the rounds of the Diliman campus of the University of the Philippines. It is said that a male student went to one of the comfort rooms inside Palma Hall. Usually, bathrooms in Palma Hall have a rest area with benches that face a mirror. The student who, probably came too early for his class, sat on one of the benches and read up on the day’s topics.

After a while, the student fell asleep, still facing the mirror. After a few minutes, he woke up, gazed at the mirror, and was petrified. In his reflection in the mirror, a demon sat next to him. But when he looked beside him, he found nothing.

Scared out of his wits, the student closed his eyes and started praying the Lord’s Prayer. “Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name…” He was interrupted in mid-prayer when something touched his forehead.

Ghostly artist

The College of Music has an 8:00 pm curfew, so everyone must leave the premises by that time. Some janitors claim, however, that they have heard some pianists ardently practicing their art after curfew hours, only to see no one at the piano when they went to investigate. The biggest gong in the gamelan room ensemble reportedly vibrates by itself at midnight every evening.

The dean

Benitez Hall, Vinzon’s Hall and the Sampaguita dorm all have stories of their own. Two students once spotted Dean Benitez (after whom the College of Education gets its name) observing one of the new professors in her class—a practice he regularly engaged in when he was alive on Earth.