Chapter 23: Moments

Start from the beginning

You nod in response, figuring it was best to respect his decision.

Silence had once again settled amongst the two of you as you stared off at the sun setting.

Minutes of talking passed by until Jimin felt something was missing.

He glanced around the room and noticed Taehyung wasn't there, nor was the girl from before - Y/N.

Weird, I swear I just saw them.

"Yah," Namjoon called out, snapping him out of his thoughts, "What are you looking for?"

"Oh, uh, nothing," Jimin purses his lips into a small smile, hoping to get rid of the current topic and shift it onto something else.

Unfortunately for him, that wasn't the case.

"No no," Seokjin insists, "There was definitely something on your mind. Please tell us, we all want to know."

Jimin sighed as he knew there would be no way out of this but to say what was on his mind.

"I was just wondering where Taehyung and Y/N had gone," Jimin mumbled and the others looked around to find that the pair were indeed nowhere to be found.

"That's weird, they were literally just there," Hoseok muttered, tilting his head slightly.

"I want to go outside, get some fresh air. Can I?" Jimin asked cautiously, preparing to get out of bed.

But, the others were quick to stop him as they shout simultaneously, "No!"

The raven-haired boy raised his eyebrows.

"You can't go, Jimin," Hoseok exclaimed.

"Yeah, you look like you can barely balance yourself to stand up," Yoongi continued.

"I'll be fine, I just really need some fresh air right now, please," Jimin anticipated for their answer, hoping they'd let him go.

"Okay, we'll take you." Namjoon was about to help the raven-haired boy out of bed, but he was quick to respond, "No, hyung. Can I go alone?"

The older boy sighed heavily, "Jimin, you just woke up. You were in an accident, your wounds, they-"

"Hyung, please. I want to be alone, please," the younger boy pleaded.

A few minutes of silence followed before Namjoon exhaled sharply, reluctantly agreeing to the younger one's demand.

. . .

Jimin groaned slightly as pain started crawling to his limbs while he dragged himself to the rooftop using the crutches that Jin had found.

Upon his arrival to the open space, a few mumbled voices could be heard. Jimin stopped in his tracks as a couple of people sitting upon a bench, came into his line of vision.

Taehyung and Y/N.

He couldn't make out the incoherent words that were spilling from their mouths. Y/N reached over, her arms enveloping the orange-haired boy in a hug - a long hug.

The action caused something to burn inside Jimin.

Why are you hugging him?

And why does it have to be a long hug?

Am I jealous?

Jimin did not have time to ponder on the answers for these questions as, within the next moment, Taehyung stood up and started walking Jimin's way.

Jimin frantically looked around, hoping his friend hadn't seen him gawking at the pair, before settling behind a wall.

He waited patiently, and just before Taehyung would walked past, he stopped, right in front of him. "I'm sorry for everything I've done, Jimin. I'm not worthy of your forgiveness. But for all it's worth - I'm sorry. Y/N is all yours now."

With that, the boy walked off, leaving Jimin to think about Taehyung's words that resonated within his mind.

What did Taehyung do?

Why is he sorry?

And why did he say Y/N is mine?

I thought she said she was just a friend.

Well, it's true.

You were merely Jimin's friend.

You had never made anything official no matter the strong feelings you held for each other.

Jimin, however, could not remember the moments held with you.

And you suffered the consequences, knowing Jimin had no recollection of you nor the feelings the both of you had for the other.

. . .

Edited

A/N: Here you go guys. And edited chapter after a while.

The thing is I haven't been on much due to problems regarding my mental health.

My breakdowns getting worse, issues in my household, and old traumas and wounds resurfacing just kinda made everything harder.

Even writing, the thing being I usually write to release my emotions.

But even that became difficult.

But I got the sudden motivation to write again due to listening to a playlist on Youtube haha.

So I hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter. I hope all of you are doing well, and are happy.

If you ever need to rant or let something out, don't be afraid to PM me, just know I am here to listen to you.

I truly am, I will listen to you. Have a great day/morning/evening/night! Drink lots of water, and take care of yourself. Until next time!

- Nabi