Killing Style

This chapter will also be useful for those writing about and/or roleplaying with their OC, but overall I suggest coming up with a killing style even if you don't mention it.
A killing style is what it sounds like. How an OC kills. Weird? Kinda, but it's also somewhat essential. It helps make your OC seem more...in depth.

Common Ideas

1, Sneaky and stealthy - A loooot of OCs use a "sneaky" way of killing, and it's fine, but try to use it more diversely. Do they strangle their victims? Maybe try making an OC that uses traps or contraptions. (Low-key wanna try making an OC like this, so don't steal I guess???) Use different methods for your OC with this killing style rather than just...stealthily killing.

2. Blunt - More uncommon, but still used. If your OC uses blunt weapons, such as a bat, then again, expand on the actual process they go through. Use more diversity when picking a method and go in depth with it, especially if your OC uses a blunt killing style.

3. Driving them to suicide from fear - This is very often said to be, "Unique!" or, "Actually kind of new." but I disagree. This method is becoming very cliche and misused. If your OC haunts their victims or something similar, chances are it's been done before. The whole "scared to suicide" aspect is very misused because not many people do it correctly. Very few people in fact can even think of a way to pull it off. Making things fly around at night or making your OC's victim hear voices is not going to drive them to suicide. There is a lot of psychology research that needs to be done when picking this cliche method. Again, no one is going to just kiLL thEMseLvEs because they constantly hear voices or have weird occurrences happening wherever they go. Do the research, what would honestly drive someone to kill themselves? If the victim is already depressed and your ghost OC constantly encourages them with "kind words" then hell yes, this could sadly drive the victim to tragic solutions. Be cautious when choosing this because it is very sensitive and the suicide thing is always taken so lightly. It takes a lot to make someone choose to end their own life, do the research first.

4. Violent - This makes me cringe a lot. Violence is quite menacing, especially if it is detailed and genuinely scary. Though, lots of fanfic writers make their OC violently stab their victim while smiling "insanely" and laughing over the victim's scream. Does this sound scary to you? To me, it honestly sounds poorly written and kind of stupid. I do not see this as scary, and I cannot emphasize with anyone who does. Yes, it does sound a bit nerve-racking when you imagine it happening to you, but overall I can't take it seriously. I personally, genuinely can't imagine myself being scared of this happening to me. This "insane" and violent way of killing really chops off the horror vibe, as no one honestly does this. Yes it can excite your OC, but the point of killing is to get away with it! Don't make killing overly violent or anything please, keep it as cringe-free as possible. Consider all the aspects of the murder and make sure the reactions are realistic.

Hope this was helpful and eliminated some cliche killing style moments, thanks for reading!
Arah out.