Character Descriptions

Describing your character, conveying forward your character's traits and appearance, and in general just letting others get to know your character is crucial. If you want to make a genuine Creepypasta character, you need good descriptions. Here's two of the main points of character descriptions (in my opinion).

Control, and know when to add and lessen description.
Questionable to say, but it really does make sense once you look at it. Run on sentences of description, laundry lists of physical/personality traits, and etc kill a story easily. Don't go on about one thing, spread out the info and details. If you want to write a detailed story about your scary Creepypasta's origin backstory, then do the best job of it as you can. Don't ramble about one subject. If your character is walking to school, take the opportunity to set the scene but don't overdo it. I say, "Don't overdo it." a lot but it is really important! Remember last chapter when I said you gotta spread details out to make it good, and you'll have to remove some in the process? That's precisely my point, make sure to give a reasonable amount of description for the length and significance of the scene. If it is an important scene then go ahead, give it lots of detail. But don't waste those much needed details on unnecessary things, like how the scene looks, exactly. A detailed scene set is good to have but it can get really tedious to hear the same generic descriptions so often. Change up the vocabulary, but not to the point you sound overly fancy or overzealous. Don't linger on one spot! It's good to spread details out and thicken and thin them in some spots, but remember to keep it reasonably balanced. Thicken up the layers of detail in a very important scenes, but ease out of it smoothly.

Don't overuse common or unique words.
I stated this above but I'll go a bit more in depth. Vocabulary is important but you don't want to sound too...ridiculous? Is that fitting..? It sounds ridiculous to hear tons of long or uncommon words all at once. Same goes for normal and anticlimactic words.

Cringey example #1 - Tom poised himself over his wheedling schlemiel, who was being demoralized of his bodily fluids. His punishment shall not be mitigated- I'M DONE, THAT'S SO TERRIBLE I'M VERY SORRY!

Not quite as cringey but still bad example #2- Tom stood and looked down at the one who he stabbed, who was now crying on the ground. He decided to be more harsh and- AGAIN STILL REALLY BADLY WRITTEN!

See how very hellish those were to read? I actually think I'm red from embarrassment, c'mon writers you can do better than that! It's really draining to hear the same words over and over and over and oVER again. It's also really odd and out of place to hear so many uncommon words crammed into one paragraph. I've read a book with a vocabulary that (no joke, I will legit put it in this chapter if I must) made me search up at least 10 words per page. It's a good book, and many books have questionable vocabulary but it's tiring to keep having to question your intelligence by searching up so many weird words. And boring words just made the reader lose interest very quickly. It's no less than a rubbish ramble if your vocabulary isn't up to par, and it's just a freak show if your vocab words are too flamboyant. Keep it balanced and smooth it out evenly.

I usually write these later at night so my brain's a little drained...these are the main tips from my own personal experience that I'm happy to share, hopefully this helped! Reviews are still open so send them in if you'd like. My Quotev is Silverkinn, so follow if you'd like.
Have a good day/night!