36. Big Brother Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"Easy peasy," I repeated and dried my sweaty palms in my pants before I went over and knocked on the door. I took a deep breath as the corridor became silent and the echo of my knocks disappeared. 

We stood there for a minute before I heard someone walking on the other side of the door. Before I knew it, he had opened it wide and my big brother stood in front of me in nothing else than a towel. 

I raised my eyebrows in sync with him before I slapped my hands over my mouth and felt the tears run again. 

"Neen?" He took a step away and ran his hand through his hair. He looked different, his hair was longer and he was defiantly more muscular. He had beard stumps and his eyes were way more tired than what they used to be.

"Lee." 

Before he could say anything else, I had melted into his form. His torso was warm from the shower and I could hear his heartbeat. He folded his hand on my back, drawing me closer.  My body shook from the crying I was doing. I cried for all the missed time we'll never get back and for the reality of really seeing him again. He pulled his head back and gently whipped my tears away with his thumb. I wanted to yell so badly, but all I could do was croak. "Don't leave, ever again." 

His mouth painted a slight smile as he nodded and brought me into his arms again. 

Anthony cleared his throat behind me. "Excuse me," he said. Liam let go of me and looked over at Anthony. 

"And you are?" he asked and tilted his head. 

"Anthony. Anthony Martinez, however, even though I dearly like to speak about myself, we have other things to talk about right now, so if you don't mind us coming in and maybe you should find some clothes while we are at it." He smirked and clasped his hands together. 

Liam nodded to Anthony. "Then come in." He walked in as the first and me and Anthony followed. Liam would always look over his shoulder as we walked through the corridor and into the living room.  "You can stay here until I come back." 

I nodded and smiled at Liam, who still looked a little shocked. He left the room and went into another. The whole room was with black or white furniture, however, all the beer cans didn't do anything to make it look presentable. Not only beer could be smelled in the air, but also smoke, vodka and cleaning chemicals. The TV was on and displayed a car show from Australia, the same one my father always would watch with Liam. 

Anthony sat and crossed his arms over his chest. "What a brother you have," he said.

I sat beside him. "What do you mean?" 

"He comes here and doesn't even contact you and we have to yell at some pizza guy to find him. What a brother." 

I swiped away another tear. "Yeah, I don't know what I've done." 

"Hey, hey." Anthony turned briskly so he looked directly at me. "This isn't your fault. His actions aren't your fault. You shall not blame yourself ever. Okay?" 

"Okay." I leaned further back and drew my knees up to my chin. We sat in silence like it was all kind of the silence before the storm moment. It caressed my skin like a cold winter breeze and goosebumps followed close after. 

"Anyway, I'm sorry," he murmured silently and leaned further back. 

"Sorry for what?" 

"Sorry for pressing you to do something you were unsure about. I shouldn't have done that, but I think we both know that it had to be done." 

I bit my lip. "I didn't like what you did, but I understand it now." 

"Good, I'm glad." 

I just nodded and looked up. Liam came walking in, not naked this time. "I'll start by saying sorry," he said and sat in a chair not long from us.