Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Cold, the frigid touch of the metal bars around her wrists was almost so freezing it felt like her hand was solid ice. Of course that was a normality compared to the rest of her injuries. Deep gashes scabbed over her arms and legs, there were even a few sliced across her once fair face.

Yet the girl knew that the morning was the absolute worst time of day. For it was the moments before the excruciating torture would begin. The blood would flow from her wounds and the maniacal demon would profusely pierce her skin with sharp edged knives and his other malicious instruments.

This had been Alannah's life for two months. Being in the dire condition that she was, the only place of comfort was when she fell into a extremely light slumber. But she couldn't dream anymore, if she did it would be an influx of nightmares that would have her screaming at the top of her lungs until the other demons would inflict her with a plethora of new abrasions or agonizing incisions.

The only shrivel of hope she clung onto unsparingly was that the brothers might find her. But it was almost impossible. Alannah thought many times about when they would come and snatch her back from the malevolent clutch of the sinister creatures and it would always end happily.

But the thing she couldn't get over was the scene that played in her head when Dean found her. Well if he would find her before she finally was put out of her misery.

She could only hope.

-------------------

They were riding in the Impala coming back from the Roadhouse for the fifth time in the past two month. When Alannah didn't turn up at Ellen's place everyone began to worry. Especially Dean. From the start he was the one who knew something was up but Ellen dismissed it simply by saying she just needed some space between herself in the hunting world.

But when it became apparent that she wasn't coming back the calls to her cell phone became frequent. The incessant reply from the device calling out "leave a message" only concerned the group of people drastically. Though they didn't give up, instead Dean typed her number in once more and finally got an answer. He could remember the voice he could recognize from anywhere convey every drop of deleterious hate. It had been the demon.

And in the background Dean heard a shriek that would only be uttered when in earnest distress. He knew right then it was her and he would have to get her back as soon as possible.

Now it had been over a month since the call, Sam and Dean worked furiously to try and find the place where they were hiding her. They had a lead and Dean had been driving like a maniac for about 7 hours without even stopping for food or drink.

"You want me to take over?" Sam asked groggily after waking up.

Dean just stared at the road in front of him with an intense blazing look in his eyes. He was thinking about what was happening to the girl he once loved.

Once loved? Why would I think that?

He shook himself and realized Sam had been talking to him.

"No...we'll get there faster if I drive." Dean kept his facial expression stern and cold. He was dead set on finding her.

"C'mon you've been driving for almost ten hours, just let me take the wheel for an hour or so. You won't be any good fighting against yellow eyes when you're exhausted."

Dean knew his brother had a point, "fine why don't I stop up here at then next diner and you can drive."

Sam nodded and a few minutes later they were approaching the gas station. He got out of the car and turned to his brother.

"You want anything?"

Dean paused for a moment and flashed a smile, "see if they have any pie. Love me some pie."

Sam rolled his eyes and went inside. The bells jingled when he entered the small diner and when he saw what awaited him, he was absolutely terrified.

There stood the demon that had burned his mother all those years ago and he held a bloodied fragile girl in his arms; Alannah. She looked weak and like she went through every painful thing under the sun.

The demon smiled wickedly, "hello Sam, long time no see."

He just glared at the creature, "let her go. She has no part in this."

"Well you see, I can't do that. She is my leverage over you," he spoke again, "I have a-sort of proposition for you Sam. If you come with me, I will let your brother's little girlfriend go back."

Sam's jaw clenched and he looked at Alannah as she drowsily opened her eyes. They were emotionless and still but he still saw a small spark of hope lit within. He analyzed his options in his head; mulling over the two gingerly.

"Let her go."

Yellow eyes smiled again, "you always know what path to choose Sam. That's what I like about you."

"I said let her go."

The monster dropped the girl and she crumpled to the ground. Sam went to her assistance and looked at her gruesome injuries.

"Come now Sam, I held my end of the deal, now it's your turn. We have work to do."

Sam shifted uncomfortably but spoke up with all the confidence he could muster, "at least-"

"I gave you a choice and now you ask for more?" his face was stern, "or it's just that you want her to suffer more."

With the snap of his fingers Alannah was convulsing on the floor violently. She cried out in tremendous pain and Sam yelled for him to stop.

"Fine...just stop! I'll go!"

Finally the spasms stopped and she lay quietly on the ground whimpering ever so slightly.

And Sam left with the demon.

--------------------

Dean had been in the car for a while now and didn't hear anything from Sam. He walked in silently and found that he wasn't there but he did find something...

He heard somebody clear their throat weakly, "Dean...help."

The hunter looked over at a cluster of chairs and found the girl they searched for. Alannah. Her body was bruised and deep gashes covered her arms and legs. Alannah's hair was matted with blood and she looked to have lost a lot of weight.

"Alannah..."

He sped to her side and picked her up slowly, not wanting to cause her any more agony.

"I'm sorry," she said in a soft whisper.

"For what?" Dean was confused and he watched the girl lift her eyes open to look at him.

"Sam...he's gone...with the demon."

----------------

A/N: Yay another chapter! Sorry it's a bit late (and short) but things were crazy wit school ending next week. Once again thanks for all the reads, comments, and votes! I love them all so much!

-Melody💕