Chapter 14: Created Thoughts

Start from the beginning

 I sat up screaming looking around. I was sweating, I was scared, and I was confused. My mind bubbled with questions. Who was Clark and more importantly why the hell was Aaron grabbing me like that?

As on cue, Aaron rushed inside the bedroom as I stare at him with horrid eyes. I jumped off the bed and threw myself against the wall far away from him as possible. My mind didn't comprehend yet what my body was doing on its own.

Aaron took a step closer to me confused by my reaction.

"NO," I said as I avoided his confused gaze. "No stay away! Please leave me alone!"

"No," he responded. "Nikki, love it's me Aaron." His tone was slow and calming. He held his arm out towards me as if to catch me. His brown eyes were concerned. I felt afraid when I met his eyes. Those eyes scared me and I couldn't understand why. All I felt was a strong pulse to run away from him in that instinct that he came in the room.

"Aaron leave me alone," I whispered my voice was trembling. My throat ached I needed water. He shook his head. "Please," I urged again. I slumped down on against the wall as tears began to spill. I was afraid and sad. Those two emotions were strong inside me, but why was I feeling that? Why did I feel like I wanted to die? Why was Aaron in my dream like that? Why?

I didn't feel Aaron's arm around until I was up at my feet. He gently hugged me in his chest as I began to cling into him. Aaron was hugging me gently as if I were made out of glass and here I was criticizing him for a stupid dream.

~Kyler~

I didn't stop until I reached my house. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the pills. I re-read the description again. I licked my lip and went inside the house and into my bedroom. I turned on the computer and waited impatiently. Once I was sure the computer was okay to use I turned the monitor on and began to type on the internet the description.

Dissociative identity disorder

 Dissociative identity disorder DID, also known as multiple personality disorder. I stopped reading after the personality disorder. Then after reading the description for the third time I understood. My mind tried to grip into reality. When the hell did the fiction become reality?

Matt was suffering from multiple personality disorder. I bit on my bottom lip when an idea popped into my head. If Matt suffered from this, then did his other self hurt Nikki? If so, then what did he do to her? Does Matt have any knowledge of what he does?  So many questions swirled in my head like a whirlwind.

Whatever it was I had to now confront Matt about this. Nothing was being done by just thinking. I needed answers and Matt was going to give them to me whether he liked it or not...

~Nikki~

"Nikki love," Aaron whispered to me after a long time. The sun was begining to set by now as the light began to dim away. "It's okay." I shook my head still clinging to him as he tried to let go. "I'll be here for you."

"Aaron I don't want to dream, I don't want to sleep," I whispered afraid. "I'm afraid of what I'll see in my dreams. I see you." I paused slightly. "I see you hurting me," I forcefully threw those words out. Aaron stiffed underneath my hands.

"I would never hurt you," he said in statement. He held on tighter as I began to feel uncomfortable for some reason. I wanted to hold on, but part of me wanted to run away from Aaron. I was petrified and confused.

"Aaron?"

"Yes."

"May I take a shower?" I asked meekly. I began to let go as I tried to keep my face composed. His brown eyes were gentle as he smiled. "May I borrow some of your clothes?" He smiled as he nodded not saying a single word.

Aaron lead me towards the bathroom and handed me a towel. "I can wash your under garment if you want." I blushed after a second of processing what he meant. "I mean after you take a shower what will you wear underneath?" I nodded understanding. Aaron stood there waiting for me to do something. Instead I stood a step back and closed the door. Quickly I began to take off my under garments and wrapping the towel over my body. I barely opened the door just to let my hand out and handed Aaron my clothing. He frowned clearly thinking I was crazy then smiled as I shut the door.

What''s wrong with me? I thought to myself. Aaron is my b..boyfriend I shouldn't react like that. I shook my head and began to procecced on my shower. After what seemed for ages I stepped out of the tub and into the white fluffly rug. I felt so clean and light. I smiled to myself as I dried my body and hair.

My eyes darted towards the sink to find clean clothing. Aaron had entered and left clean clothes on the sink along with my under garments. Happily I grabbed them and put them on. I stood in front of the mirror as I watched my own reflection. In a flash I saw the reflection of the boy in my dreams. Clark.

"Run," he whispered. I turned around alarmed but nothing was there. What the hell was that?! Inhaling sharply through my nose I quickly opened the door and rushed out of the bathroom. I tripped with my own feet as I tried to run towards my bedroom. Looking up, I saw him again. He stood there a few feet away looking down at me. He held nothing in his face as he stared at me.