(10) "If I'm James Dean You're Audrey Hepburn"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey, everyone! :3 So I finally caught up on my writing now. I wrote almost 20,000 words in two days! Go me :D Also, I would like to thank you guys for 100 reads. That may not seems like much or that exciting for you guys, but this is a huge deal for me. Publishing these online and having different people read them is a lot different than doodling in class and having my friend read them and tell me what I can work on. I'll probably explode if this ever gets to 100,000 reads. You'll have to make sure that I'm okay. But until then (if that ever happens), I'll just continue on writing. So thanks for reading and the support, I really appreciate it :D

________________________________________

"Where are you taking me, Draven?" Kalel whined for like the 37th time.

"I told you that it's a surprise," I said. I tried to keep my cool, but she was like a seven year old going to the Nickelodeon Universe or something. Now I know how my parents feel when I'm flipping out. "Why are you so excited anyways?" I asked.

"We don't go out for food often," she shrugged. "I mostly just make food for Toby and myself. So I'm excited." Okay, that brought my annoyance down. A little. "I just wish you would've let me have more time to get ready," she whined.

After I asked her--er, I guess I more told her. Whoops--to go on a date with me, she wanted like two hours to take a shower and do her makeup and stuff, but I dragged her out of the house. She said she didn't want to go to dinner reservations wearing denim lace short shorts, a gray Mayday Parade tank top, and black floral tights, but I told her that it would be fine and no one would care. Especially since I was wearing literally all black--a PewDiePie black bike rental t-shirt and black jeans--and if anything, I would stand out more. I literally carried her to the car, saying I don't give a crap. Eventually she gave up trying to impress everyone and now she's whining on where I'm taking her. She's like a five-year-old playing dress-up. It's so adorable, yet I want to jump off of a building just to get away from the complaining. Just kidding. Kind of.

"You look fine," I grabbed her hand. "No one cares that you're wearing band merch to a restaurant."

"I do," she slumped. "My hair draws enough attention and it is, I don't need more."

"Well then why did you it wear that outfit for school?" I challenged.

"I dress for me and only me," she said. "I don't care about what anyone says."

"Then why are you worrying about it now?" I asked. She opened her mouth to argue, but then closed her mouth and crossed her arms, defeated. I smirked, "Ha ha, I win."

"Oh, Draven, you're so funny," she mocked. I laughed and pulled into the parking lot. I shut off the car and just half-smiled at her. "Peacock Alley?" she smiled and looked giddy. "I've never been here before."

"Really?" I asked and she nodded. "It's not too pricey," I shrugged. "It actually sounds really good from the online menu, but I guess we'll-"

"Come on!" she laughed and jumped out of the car.

"Find out," I finished and sighed.

"Hurry!" she swung open my door and took my hand, making me run after her to the entrance.

"Lugna ner, kattunge, [Calm down, kitten] I'm coming," I said. We walked inside and Kalel finally stopped running, and stood in front of the desk, jumping with excitement. "Uh, reservations for Draven Kjellberg," I said then spelled my name. Everyone thinks that it's supposed to be spelled how it sounds, but clearly, that's not how languages work. Americans are weird.

"Follow me," the waiter said and picked up two menus. I followed him with Kalel behind me, looking at all of the decors. He led us to a table next to the giant window that over-looked Main Street. "My name is Tyler and I'll be your waiter this evening," he said and pulled out a notepad. "Can I start you off with some drinks? Appetizers maybe?"