Chapter one

I shoved my papers into my bag as the other students began to leave. I followed the hoard but my professor motioned me to his desk. The other students noticed and whispered to one another. My eyes swiftly rolled into the back of my head as I approached him. I avoided him ever since we...stopped our little fling. Bastard broke my heart by telling me he had a family...I would've understood if I weren't such a cold-hearted bitch wanting him all for my selfish intentions. Unfortunately for the world, I'm an inconsiderate piece of garbage.

"You wanted to speak to me, Mr. Coleman?" I spat sarcastically. He ran his fingers through his light brown hair and stared at my silver coffee cup. My tired eyes locked with his family picture, I quickly looked away painfully.

"Hand me your drink," he demanded. I froze and immediately scoffed. I crossed my arms and backed away.

"No," I grimaced. Jason quickly snatched the cup from my hands and sniffed it, pressing his lips together as he sighed in distress. It's his usual at the bar we constantly went to together...drinking it makes it taste like him.

"Fucking hell, Y/N," Jason says. He slammed my cup on his desk and folded his hands together.
He started talking on and on but I didn't listen. I'm trapped in the memories we had together—the life we could've had.

"Are you even listening? I'm serious, I really do care for you...I just—."

"You just see me as a toy...I get it, you don't have to say anything else," I croaked out, my voice cracking a bit.
Jason stared at me with his beautiful blue eyes. Those eyes that wooed me in, that made me obsessed, that belonged to the worst person I've ever encountered besides myself. He stood up and put his hands on my shoulders. He then hugged me tightly, making me jump. I tried desperately pushing him off but he just hugged tighter, making it feel as if my ribcage was going to snap in two. I backed up against his desk and used all of my strength to push him away. His knee went between my legs, my then eyes widened and I pounded my hands on his back.

"L-let go!" I screamed. He let go of me just enough for him to look at me dead in the eyes. He then roughly kissed me, silencing my pleads. Tears rolled down my face as I blindly took an object off of his desk and smashed it into his head. He yelled out in pain as I backed up in disbelief. I just smashed his framed family photo on his head. He looked up at me, groaning, as I smacked him across the face.
I couldn't help my messy crying and heated face as I sprinted out of the classroom. I looked out the classroom window where I saw him lean against his desk, burying his face in his hands. He took my coffee cup and took a large drink out of it and picked up the photo off the ground.

I walked off into the parking lot, thankfully I don't have to see him until winter break is over. My brother pulled up to me in his car and gave me a cheeky smile. I half smiled back, getting into the car. Thank god I packed my stuff in there yesterday.
"How was your last day?" Marcus asked. I gave him a smile and shrugged. I turned my red face from him.

"It was good, how's your last day?" I laughed. Marcus is my twin brother who also goes to my University, but he's majoring in Criminal Justice.

"Great...I gave a presentation to my teacher of why I should witness a live crime investigation and give my say in court," Marcus chuckled.
I gave him a smile in response.

"...how was Mr.Coleman's class? He's your favorite teacher, right?" Marcus asked. I stayed silent as I hesitantly nodded.

"It was fine," I say a little too aggressively. Marcus persed his lips.

"What happened?" Marcus asked, keeping his eyes on the road. A couple of snow flakes landed on the window. I shook my head. I dug my nails into my thigh.

"What did he do? Did he touch you?" Marcus asked, getting worked up. I crossed my arms and my bottom lip quivered at the memory. If it were a couple of months ago, I'd be melting into his arms but what he did...what he did to my...m-my...I can't.
Marcus gripped the steering wheel tightly, causing his veins to pop out.

"Well?"

"Like you'd care if he did! Just because you're my twin doesn't mean I have to tell you every single fucking thing going on in my life!" I yelled.
Marcus stared at me with a hurt expression. Before I could apologize to him, my eyes shifted to a car heading straight towards us.

"MARC—"