Chapter 9

Sometimes, being popular isn't facile. Popularity is very arduous to sustain. If I'd be honest, I never wanted to be famous.

In the Hall of Fame, there is no such thing as privacy. Everything you do, everything you say, or even everything you think or feel, is captured by the people around you. You never get to live on your own.

These are few of the thousand reasons why I never wanted fame to enter my life. But I couldn't do anything, it just happened. One time, I was a nobody. The next time I checked, I was considered as the popular 'Miss Playgirl' in school.

It is very eccentric, isn't it?

In most situations that I observed and most stories that I read, normally, boys are reckoned as players. Maybe, it sometimes happened to be the other way around, but it is very rare and unusual.

"Megan," I see someone very familiar heading towards me. I think he's with me in one of my classes, but I don't remember his name.

"Yes? Uhmmm," I snapped my fingers repeatedly, trying to figure out his name.

"It's Andrew Smith."

"Yes, right. So, what can I do for you?" I asked politely.

"I'm the school's journalist and I just want to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Is it true that you and Nathan Anderson have something for each other? I mean, the news that you two like each other is spreading in the whole school." He profoundly informed me.

My eyes bulged out from its socket. Jaw dropped from his statement.

"What?!?" I shrieked.

"Calm down, Megan."

"Where did you get that information?"

"Everyone from school is talking about it. I came to you for a confirmation."

"Well there's nothing to be confirmed. Nathan and I are good friends. Yes, you may all see us together but that doesn't mean there's something going on between us. We are study buddy, project partners, and we have the same schedule." I explained clearly to him.

"Oh, I see." He said, slowly nodding.

"So you are the school's journalist?"

"Yes."

"Never write an article about this, please?"

"I won't."

"Great. Thanks."

Wow. People are really good in making stories. Where did they get that? Nathan and I have something for each other? Just the thought of it makes me want to vomit.

I even had a hard time deciding on whether to be friends with him or not. How much more liking him? Come on, that would be very impossible.

Yes, a lot of people likes him. Girls line up just to get his attention. He is good-looking and handsome. Some even think he's kind and likable.

Well, I'm not them.

------------------------------

Having vacant on my schedule today, I got the time to rest for a while. Even the genius Albert Einstein needed a break from his work, how much more me? I'm just a normal student. I also needed a pause from everything.

I was walking on the hallway when suddenly,

"Megan Collins." I turned my head to the side to see who called my name, seeing someone who is very unfamiliar.