Chapter 7

"The random vibrational and rotational motions of the molecules that make up an object of substance have energy, and this energy is called thermal energy." I explained further.

Physics isn't an easy subject, may I say. Honestly speaking, I hate it. For me, it's too drudging to learn its lessons. Yes, I love school, I love studying, and I have good grades.

Weird, right? Who would believe that the popular school's playgirl is also a brainy nerd who cares about her education? We all know that famous people don't care about anything, aside from fame. Well, I'm different.

I am having this tutorial session with Nathan in my house. Not to vaunt, I'm a good tutor. But not when the person you are teaching is very unfocused and indolent.

"Nathan," I muttered in a monotone voice, getting annoyed with his unpalatable behavior.

"Oh. I'm sorry, what was that?" He said, leaving his phone behind and giving his attention to me.

"I'm trying to explain every bit of shit in Physics and there you are sitting absent-mindedly. What the hell?" My voice suddenly rose.

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

I wonder why boys always do that when they're mortified.

"Sorry," he sounded guilty.

I rolled my eyes, "Can you at least tell me what you are doing? Then I'll think if it's adequate."

"Uh- just checking out my facebook. Hmm, I changed my profile picture." He smiled shyly.

"What the F?" I almost cursed, but I managed to control my words.

"Uh-hmm, hey! I got a lot of likes." He said, trying to cool down the tension in the atmosphere.

I scoffed, "Yeah? How many did you get?"

"253" He said with much delight.

I faked a laugh, "You call that 'a lot'?"

"Uhm- yes. Why? How many do you usually get?"

"Smallest number of likes I usually get goes from 600 to 1,000. Most of them goes 2,000 above." I said, not sounding very interested.

"Whoah. That's a big number." He sounded astonished.

"Nah, it's normal for me." I defended.

"Famous," he stated. It made me confused, if that was a compliment or an insult.

"Whatever," I shrugged.

------------------------------

"One Java Chip Frappe and one Caramel Frappe, please." Nathan said to the bartender.

"Coming right up, sir." He replied cheerfully.

Nathan demanded to have a break for a while and invited me for a coffee at Starbucks. I tried to repudiate but he never stopped compelling me to go, so I did. Besides, he said that it's going to be his treat. And for goodness sake, I love Starbucks.

I never imagined these things to happen.

First, having Nathan back.

Second, being assigned to tutor him.

And right now, having a coffee with him.

What would be the next? I wish these abrupt happenings would stop as soon as possible.

"Here's your Caramel Frappe," Nathan gave me my order.

"Thanks," I forced a real smile. Because when I'm with him, all my smiles are usually fake.