Chapter 5

"Please tell me you didn't accept it. Please, please tell me!" Stacy uttered with so much contemplation in her eyes.

"Uh-hmm, yeah? Yes, I did." I finally said.

"You what?" Stacy shrieked in disbelief.

"I had no choice!" I argued.

"Oh c'mon! Of course you do! A simple 'no' wouldn't make Mr. Chambers burst out in anger."

"It's not that simple." I defended, "I don't want to disappoint him from his expectations. Aside from that, he trusts me so much." I pointed out the fact.

"Well, you have a point."

"Indeed,"

"So what are you gonna do now?"

"I don't know. Well, what is meant to happen, will happen."

"And what do you mean by that?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Face what tomorrow may bring, either good or bad. Let destiny do the rest. Yeah, something like that. Whatever." I shrugged.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. What else can I do? Sometimes, it's too tiring to overthink stuffs."

"Okay. Yeah, I know." She nodded in agreement.

I told Stacy everything that had happened, every bit of it. She couldn't believe herself that I accepted Mr. Chamber's request. For her, it was too awkward. Too risky, well not that Nathan would murder me, but she was just scared that the pain would come back. But I assured her that I can handle.

Besides, I'm Megan Collins. And if Nathan Anderson wants to play, then let the game begin.

"Stace, do you have something important to do today?" I asked.

"Not much,"

"Why don't we go to the mall? I'm pretty bored." I offered.

"That's a great idea!" She shrieked in excitement.

"Okay, allow me to change first and then we'll go."

Going shopping with your bestfriend, is the best. Stacy and I haven't done this for quite some time since we had a misunderstanding. But now that we're back on the track, surely this is gonna be a delectation.

------------------------------

"That dress is perfect!" Stacy shrieked in delight.

"Really?" I uttered, unsure.

"Of course! It looks really good on you!" She complimented.

"It is?"

"Come on, Meg! Among all the dresses that you fit in, so far that's the best. And don't tell me you'll try another one because you don't like that. If I counted the number of dresses you tried on, I guess it's more than a hundred. Besides, that dress is perfect for you." She convinced.

I chuckled while looking at the dress on my body with all the possible views. "Agree," I said.

Stacy gave me a flat look.

"Okay, okay, I'm buying it." Small giggles were escaping my mouth.

"Thank God! For how many years, this girl finally found a dress!" She said with much sarcasm, pushing me back to the fitting room.

I laughed at her reaction. She is still the Stacy that I knew a few years back then.

As we were paying at the counter, I hear the grumbling of my stomach, so as Stacy's.