Chapter 4

~~~

*3 years ago*

"Do we have to go?" I doubted. I was sitting on the passenger's seat of Nathan's car on our way home.

"It'll be fun. Besides, it's Friday night." Nathan encouraged.

Lance, his bestfriend, invited us for a party at his house tonight. Nathan couldn't say no to him. Sometimes, I hate him for being too kind. Frankly speaking, I don't want to go. I don't want us to go. But Nathan demanded in going, so I guess I have to go even if it's against my desire. And right now, I'm trying to change his mind.

"But babe-"

"Babe, please? We haven't gone to parties in a while so going into one tonight would be great." He cut me off.

I sighed and remained silent. I am frustrated in the fact that every time he makes a decision, I agree. But every time I make a decision, he disagree. Worst part, he never listens to my opinion. He is too controlling in this relationship. On the other hand, being me, I allow him to do so. Well, don't blame me. Blame this thing called love.

We came to a stop in front of my house. I remained silent and didn't say a word. Nathan gave me a peck on the lips with a hug.

"So, I'll pick you up at 8?" He asked.

I nod in vexation and rolled my eyes. I opened the door of his car and went out. He started his engine and the car diminished on the road. I walked on the way to my house and went inside.

It'll be fine, Megan. All you have to do is go there, stay for a few hours, and go home. It's not that bad at all.

I told myself.

------------------------------

"Megan?" My aunt peeked through the door of my room.

"Come in, Aunt Rica." I informed her.

"Wow! You look so beautiful," she complimented.

"Thanks,"

"Nathan's waiting downstairs," she reminded

"Oh, okay. Please tell him I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay dear," and with that, she went out of my room.

I gave myself a last look on the mirror. I took a deep breath and relaxed.

I hurriedly went downstairs, seeing Nathan seated on the couch in the living room.

"Let's go?" I said from behind him.

He spun around to see me and smiled at me, which I returned.

"Aunt Rica, we'll be going now!" I shouted as we were walking to the door.

"Okay. Take care and have fun!" She said from the kitchen.

We drove on our way to Lance's house. As soon as we arrived, I see a lot of cars parked on the streets. The sound of the loud music reverberated the whole place.

"You go inside first and I'll just look for a place to park the car." Nathan instructed, and so I did.

I have no idea how this night is going to be.

------------------------------

"Megan!"

I turned around to see Stacy coming towards me.