Chapter 03: Love? More Like Awkwardness In The Air

UNEDITED

I grabbed my spoon and took a bit of my chicken soup as I try my best to avoid looking at Felix. He in turn was mixing his soup, staring at it like it's the most interesting thing in the universe.

God I feel so awkward.

"Are you two ain't tellin' me a thing or two?" Big brother Charlie asked while taking another chug from his bottle of alcohol. "You two look so in loooooovvveeee."

"NO WE'RE NOT!" We both shouted at the same time. The moment those words left my mouth, my face started to heat up and I took more spoonfuls of soup. Felix looked like a cherry as he kept on mixing the soup harder, making some drops stain the table cloth.

Worst awkward moment ever.

"I told ye you two are lovebirds." he said, sounding too drunk. "How it feels so good to be young!"

Please God send your angels and get me out of here. Teenagers are prone to awkwardness. It's our sickness. We tend to be awkward magnets all the time. Amd two very awkward magnets is very very dangerous.

I seriously need someone to take me away from here.

As seconds pass by I could definitely feel the tension in the air. I was hoping for Big brother Charlie to be the one to break the silence but he's making things even worse.

"Forever young! I wanna be forever young! Sing with me puppy lovers! I just wanna live forever and ever and ever, ever, ever!"

He suddenly wrapped his big bulging arm around my neck and also to Felix's. With his strong strength he pulled the both of us closer to him, causing me to gasp out for air.

"We are young! So let's set the world on fiiiiiiiiireeeee! Cuz you two are on fiiiiiiiirrreeeee! Burn hotter than the sssuuuun!" He sang, mixing more lyrics of different songs together.

Mental note to self: Never ever let Big bro Charlie get nearer to any form of alcoholic drink, ever again. Unless you want someone to kill your ears and have a lot of little fan girls at the door of your homes who would gladly kill you for buthcering up their idols' songs.

"Let us go Charlie!!!" I shouted.

"I won't let go! I won't let go! The heat of two lovers never bothered me anyway!!!"

I tried to kick him off to be finally free from this torture but he was so strong it's like I'm kicking off a huge wall. A very noisy and embarrassing wall to be specific.

"Charlie! Get us down!!!" Felix screamed as Big brother Charlie cotinued singing.

"Nope!" He answered back, popping the p.

"At least let us breathe!" He protested.

"'Cause you need air, air. Ooohhhh!"

Before Big bro Charlie could embarrass himself any longer Felix reached out for a baseball bat that was coincidentally lying near us. And when he wasn't looking Felix striked him on the head. With the bat. Very hardly.

We soon collapsed on the ground. The two of us side by side on top of a very drunk yet unconscious Big brother Charlie.

Once Felix laughed a bit I quickly backed up against a wall. Still remembering what happened a little while ago.

He stared at the notebook with the words shit-I'm-doomed written on his very tomato red face. I threw the notebook towards him and as it landed the drawing of the girl looking and smiling was facing up.

"Now tell me, why do you have drawings of me on your little notebook...?"

"It was for an art project!" He swiftly answered back. Closing the notebook he avoided my stony gaze. "Really...it's a project..."