Chapter two

Me: HELLO! And welcome back to-
Everyone: Silent Ears!
Mira: you've been gone awhile
Me: I know...
Mira: I'm disappointed in you.
Me: I'm sorry!
Lucy: just as a quick note, author-chan did say she'd make up for all the chapters she missed-
Natsu: but it's going to take some time...
Me: since I have to write four/five chapters per story...anyway, let's start!

~~~~~
This chapter is in Lucy p.o.v, then it will follow the pattern of Lucy, Natsu, Lucy, Natsu...you get the idea...

Lunch arrived and I was still baffled by my previous encounter. My mind raced with possibilities with what he could've said but none of them seemed likely. I hated my curiosity, and my ability to overthink things. Of all the times to be deaf, it had to be at this moment.

But heck! It probably wasn't even anything anyway, I'm just reading into it too much.

I sit down on the grass by the school gate, feeling the breeze blow my hair into my eyes as I try to push it away, and pull out my phone. It was almost peaceful here. It was away from the judging eyes of those who don't understand. Away from the stress of trying to fit in. Away from...everything.

I wasn't one to constantly text on their phone, I often used it to act like I was busy or to pass the time. This time it was to pass time. Occasionally I glance up in search of my friend but with no luck. We'd been friends for what seems like ages, we've experienced everything life's thrown at us, she's never judged me for my differences, and I've accepted her for her all her flaws.

I know I said I had friends, but really, they're all just acquaintances, we're friendly to one another, but this girl is the only one I would classify as a 'friend'.

I feel footsteps in front of me and look up, expecting to see her, but it's just a boy thinking it's funny to run across the road of the car park. Where is she? She should've been here ages ago. I cast my eyes to the front of the building and see her. I think. Though she's standing next to people I'd rather she wasn't.

My eyes first catch the pink (Natsu: Not gonna say it....) hair of Natsu Dragneel, then the icy aura of Gray Fullbuster, the striking tattoo of Jellal Fernandes, which is weird since it's so small, the height of Gajeel Redfox, and the striking sense of fear that came with Laxus Dreyar. There were some girls too, three I didn't recognise but the scarlet hair was enough to make me shiver, Erza Scarlet.

They were the populars, or some, of our school. They weren't mean, but they weren't nice either. They treated each other like family but if they didn't know you it was almost impossible to join their group. But what was she doing over there?

I feel my phone vibrate in my hand and look at it.

Hey Lu! Sorry gotta cancel meeting up, something came up.... - L No.2

Oh yeah...something came up.... I bet it did. I sigh and look over at her again. Not wanting to deal with it, I type a reply.

Don't worry! See you later? - Lucy

Yep! - L No.2

And so, with my only plans for socialising with people down the drain, I put my phone away and continue improving my writing:

'The love of a friend is as fragile as the love of a lover, once broken, forever lost'

~~~~~

Me: and done
Mira: gre-!
Me: NOW I HAVE A LOT OF WRITING TO CATCH UP ON SO BYE! *runs away*
Mira: um....
Everyone: byieeee!