Chapter 1

Taking a drag from the cigarette hanging loosely from her lips, exhaling the smoke at the corner of them, she wrapped the jacket tighter around herself and rolled her eyes at the cold wind. Why did it always have to be so…windy and cold and absolutely awful to be outside? People preached about how these 'spoiled teens' never went outside, but really, who wanted to wander around in rain?

If she just could of been able to stay at home, not being sent to this…place with some sort of crazy aunt that owned far too many old useless things. It was all his fault, her boyfri-no, her ex-boyfriend. Actually, he wasn't even her ex-boyfriend because they had never officially broken up. That meant…they were technically still dating, but he was in jail. In jail. He was as good as her ex simply because of that. And of course, the fact that she had moved across the country without telling him, could be called a kind of wordless break up, couldn't it?

She realized what she was doing and raised her hand to hit her own head, but stopped as the reality hit her. She was out in public. She couldn't just hit herself like that then. She would be locked up. She felt crazy though, because she was constantly thinking about him. Not that there was very much else to think about than him, except that sodding rain. Noticing the increasing amount of water falling from the sky as if someone was puking rain down on her, made her walk faster, the clicking of her heels hitting the hard ground. She wanted to get back to the apartment she was staying at, at her aunts. She didn't even know if the woman was her actual aunt or not but her mother had always called her aunt.

After about ten minutes more of walking in the cold rain, she entered the apartment.

"Sadie!" she heard her name being shouted and she looked up as her aunt marched into the hallway. Sadie looked up and looked on her and was prepared to get yelled at, despite not knowing what in earth she could get yelled at for. But much to her surprise, her aunt didn't yell. Didn't mean she wasn't  loud and headache provoking though.

"You haven't eaten dinner! Oh darling, you must have dinner!" and so on and so on, because that was basically the only thing Sadie heard her aunt talking about how dinner was important and oh, did she mention a pill? Oh yeah. The pills. Sadie realized she needed to take those rather quickly or bad things would happen.

She nodded along to her aunt's words, despite not listening to her and walked to the guest room, currently Sadie's room and she ignored the mess of clothes, finding the box with pills, taking the two her doctor had told her too. Otherwise her rather psychotic behavior would return, something she didn't want. Actually, she couldn't, she couldn't let it happen, not at all.  It was only one person that knew how to calm her down, and that was her ex. Which was in jail. She couldn't risk not taking those dreadful pills of hers.

She laid down, planning to just simply stare up in the ceiling, knowing that the girls on all the TV shows tended to do that, so why not try it? Of course, this, just as everything else on such seires, was misleading because she soon fell asleep.

-!-

About two hours later she woke up, simply staring up in the ceiling. Of course, it still didn't do her much good, but honestly,  she just couldn't bother to pull herself up from the comfortable bed. Or perhaps it was the fact that all her thoughts were catching up with her again. Her thought wandered back to him, her boyfriend, her ex, whatever you wanted to call him. Cane was also an option, seeing it was after all his name.

He was in jail….A part of Sadie barely…barely grasped that piece of information, that her Cane, he was in fact in jail. Because he put a building on fire. Killing four people. Four. He kept saying he didn't know they were in there, that he never knew the truth, that he never meant to hurt anyone. And Sadie, she tried to believe him, she really tried, she worked all she could to simply believe him, but…fuck it, she couldn't. She couldn't believe him. She recalled the first time she met him. They had both been patients in a mental asylum. They were both…crazy apparently. Apparently? Pft. They were both crazy, mental, out of it, everyone knew.

But she liked. A whole lot. Even loved him. Perhaps she never really realized before now that she in fact did love him and that he did mean more to her than…basically everyone else, but then again, she had always been a little slow when it came to such stuff.

Sitting up, Sadie looked around in the room before running a hand through her hair before getting out of the bed. She wanted to go out again, despite the rain she saw when she glanced out the window. She loved the rain. Not that it was any unusual to love the rain, considering there's a rather big bunch of people loving it. Despite people's hopeless cries about it making them different and weird, it was a rather normal thing, really.

She made her way over to the window, leaning against it, staring out, chuckling softly to herself as she realized the window couldn't be opened. Of course her mother would make sure she was staying in a room where she could not jump. She rolled her eyes slightly, of unknown reasons, even to herself before staring at the rain. It made her think of Cane again. Of course he knew their where in there. She knew it, that he knew, she could recall the almost haunting laughter that had echoed in the room when he was leaving from her place that day. Just a little too mad to be innocent, just a little too dark to be innocent in murder. She knew he was a murder, and she knew she wanted him back to her. Even though it was impossible.