Chapter Eight

"I am losing you."
••••••

"You get the boy, I'll get the girl! We need to get them out of here before they see anything that we will need to explain!" Peter said, lunging at the werewolf who held Lydia before Derek could do anything.

"What boy?!" Derek asked, his wolf threatening to come. Without thinking, he ran towards the alone werewolf, throwing himself at him, causing them to fall back. Stiles let out a scream when he fell backward, not knowing what was going on. He felt an impact that he didn't see coming, it was like an invisible man ran straight into his stomach. The sharp thing against Stiles' head cut skin when the two fell backward, causing a sting of pain to run through his head. Derek felt something in between him and the werewolf, but he didn't think anything of it. "Where is Deucalion?!" Derek growled behind growing fangs.

The wolf smirked, "I'll never tell you that."

"What?!" Stiles screamed, panicking. Why was this guy talking to himself?? The man let Stiles go, looking like he was being dragged to the other side of the hallway, getting slammed against the lockers. Stiles didn't know what to do. The man with the red eyes freed Lydia and yelled at them to run, his mouth was full of... Fangs?

Stiles grabbed Lydia's hand and ran for the door but just as he was about to open it, a woman opened it, stepping in front of them. This woman had long, straight brown hair and red eyes, fangs sticking out of her mouth. Stiles' eyes fell to her feet, which were bare with razor-sharp claws.  Beside the girl came in a big, bald man with sharp pointy ears and weird sideburns. Lydia let out a blood-curdling scream, making Stiles let go of her hand and cover his ears. Someone strong shoved Stiles out of the way, making him collide with Lydia. 

They both fell to the ground beside the door. Stiles looked at the person who pushed him and was shocked. Isaac, one of his teammates on the lacrosse team, was standing next to Erica, a dorky blonde who turned out overnight. They both had chilling blue eyes, pointy ears, and misformed facial features. The two with the red eyes lunged at Isaac and Erica; the girl jumped up and kicked Isaac in the face, blood flying on top of Stiles and Lydia. Erica quickly looked at them, "Run!"

You didn't have to tell them twice, Stiles and Lydia rushed to the door, now empty due to the fight. They ran down the next hallway and was just about to the exit when a giant wolf rushed in front of it. Stiles cursed under his breath as Lydia let out another scream, which seemed to shake the wolf. An arrow zoomed past Stiles' head, missing him by an inch. The arrow hit the beast and making it cry out in pain. Stiles looked behind him and there Allison was, bow up and loaded with another arrow. "Get behind me!"

Stiles grabbed Lydia just in time for another arrow to zoom past them as the beast started to run towards them. Stiles hugged Lydia behind Allison, trying to protect his girlfriend the best he could. Allison shot arrows at the beast while backing up, Lydia and Stiles staying behind their friend. Allison cursed when she reached behind her to get another arrow but she had none. The beast had 25 arrows planted in him and he was still charging at them. 

"This way!" Allison yelled, turning down the nearest hallway and started sprinting, Stiles and Lydia right behind her.

"What's going on?!" Lydia cried out, shrugging to keep up. Sports were never her thing, and she was in heels. "What are these things?!"

"I will explain later!" Allison said, turning a corner, the three of them barely missing the beast's launch. It hit the lockers, causing the arrows to go in deeper; another cry of pain. "Right now we just need to get you two out of here!"

"What about you?!" Stiles asked, starting to get out of breath. "That thing will kill you!"

"Trust me, once I get you two to safety, he won't stand a chance. Even without any arrows," Allison said, making a sharp corner which made one of Lydia's heels to break, she fell to the ground. 

"Ahh!" Lydia screamed when she hit the ground. Stiles bent down, grabbing her heels and throwing them at the beast before picking her up and running, not knowing where this all of a sudden super strength is coming from. They made it to an exit, and luckily it was the exit that was right by Stiles' jeep. 

"My jeep is right outside!" Stiles yelled.

"Good! Get Lydia out of her, I'll deal with the werewolf," Allison said, turning on a dime in front of the door.

"Werewolf?!" Lydia asked, but Stiles had already rushed out and was heading towards the jeep. He quickly helped her into the passenger side before running to the driver side, throwing Lydia his phone. 

"Call my dad!" Stiles said, scrambling in his pockets for his keys, but he didn't feel them. They met glances when realization set in. "My keys are in my locker..." 

"Jumpstart-it with the wires or whatever!" Lydia said, putting the phone to her ears. 

"No my dad made it so no one could do that; you know, so no one can steal my jeep," Stiles said, putting his forehead on the steering wheel, thinking. Stiles got an idea, reaching for his glove department and getting a gun. "Don't tell my dad I have this." Lydia nodded as John answered. "Stay in here. I'll be right outside. Tell my dad everything that is going on."

"Hello, Mr. Stilinski...." Stiles overheard before he jumped out, pointing the gun towards the school, prepared to shoot anyone that came out. He didn't know who to trust right now. 

Derek rushed outside after his uncle told him to check and see if they made it out safely, but Derek still was confused about what Peter meant about "You get the boy, I'll get the girl." As he came around the corner, he saw a single blue jeep in the parking lot, the only car there. He saw a figure in it, which he guessed was the girl. His eyes were fogged over when he looked at the jeep, even though he didn't feel anything. 

Stiles' eyes fogged over as he waited for anything to move. He jumped when the door of the jeep opened, taking a deep breath when he looked around and saw there was no one standing there. "I told you to stay in the jeep."

"Yes we are fine, thank you. You saved our lives," Lydia said, seeming to stare off into the distance. 

"Who are you talking to?" Stiles asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Him silly," Lydia said, looking at Stiles and her eyes got wide. "Oh my god..."

"What? Who are you looking at?" Derek asked, looking towards where she was looking. Lydia looked at Derek and saw the same thing.

"Get away from me! Both of you!" Lydia screamed, kicking Derek away causing him to fall back before slamming the door shut. 

"Lydia? Baby?" Stiles asked, walking to the door. Stiles was getting a little freaked out about how Lydia was acting. She just kicked air and said "Both of you!"  "Baby what's wrong?"

"You're one of them! Your eyes! Get away!" Lydia screamed, shaking her head as she covered her eyes. 

Derek stood up, walking towards the window but not being able to walk all the way to the door. He hit something he couldn't see, but he shrugged it off. Derek didn't see his blue eyes in his reflection, but who knows, maybe she saw them inside. "Yes, I am, but I'm not going to hurt you. I saved you, remember? You don't have to be scared of me."

Lydia looked at both Stiles and Derek. They both looked so concerned, and both didn't seem to see each other. Lydia calmed a little and opened the door, causing them both to back up. "Do you not see each other?"

"What baby?" Stiles asked, walking and grabbing her hands. 

"What do you mean?" Derek asked, looking at her raised hands. Was she supernatural? Could she see things that he couldn't see?

"You don't see him..."