Chapter 8

I made it to camp within a half hour and I went straight to the Poseidon cabin. All I wanted to do was sleep and just never wake up.

Before I could get there though, Percy came up to me and said, "Happy birthday sis."

"Sup?" I asked.

"What do you want to do today?" Percy asked. He was acting really weird.

"Uh, nothing. I need to practice though," I said.

"For what?" He asked. Oh my gods he was being noisey.

"Gymnastics. I have one last competition next week," I explained while walking away. Percy didn't follow and I was glad. I finally got to the cabin and found notes on my bed. They all said 'Happy Birthday, Aqua' and were from bunch of different people. Grover, Piper, Thalia, Jason, Percy, Vince and a few other people. I smiled at the sight and crashed onto my bed.

I was about to go to sleep when someone popped out of nowhere. "Oh my gods, Vince. Don't ever do that again," I complained.

"I told you your birthday was gonna be different," Vince replied. I smiled at the gesture. Vince also smiled and I got butterflies. He was so cute and nice and perfect. A shiver went through me. I don't know why, it just did.

"Would you rather live in the Hunger Games or live in a giant's cave for the rest of your life?" Vince asked me.

"Hunger Games. You?"

"Same," Vince said. All I could think was all long it would take for Vince to finally ask me or kiss me or even she how I feel. I guess I'm a pretty good at acting. "Oh, I made you something," Vince continued, pulling a box out of his pocket. I hesitantly took it and opened it. It was a piece of aqua quartz on a silver chain. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

"Oh my gods, Vince. It's beautiful," I said while putting it on.

"You like it?" He asked.

"Like it? I love it. Thank you," I said while smiling. It was just so amazing.

"I'm glad you like it. What do you wanna od today?" He asked.

"Just sit here all day long. Or-- never mind," I said.

"Come on, what is it?"

"Something I would never do in a million years. Like, um, I don't know."

Vince smiled and said, "Hot air balloon."

I shook my head and said, "Never in a million years." We went back and forth on why I should or shouldn't. I ended up winning.

Vince and I just sat on my bed joking around and laughing for hours. At 9:00, Vince said, "Gotta go. See ya tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I guess," I responded. I was little disappointed that he had to go and that he didn't get any hints about my feelings. I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Vince asked before leaving.

"Uh, nothing. Promise," I said, forcing a smile.

"You sure?" '

Of course I'm not sure. You can't get a single hint that I like you,' I wanted to scream. But instead I said, "Positive." I turned away from him. At the same moment, I felt his hand on my wrist. I turned to face him and before I could look at him, he kissed me. Oh my gods, Vince was freaking kissing me! I kissed him back, obviously. It felt like time stopped. We kissed for what seemed like forever. And the only reason we pulled away was because I heard Percy.

"Hey Aqua," Percy said after Vince rushed out.

"Hi," I replied quickly before going under the covers. I bit my lip in excitement. I can't believe my best friend and I finally kissed. I have to be honest, my heart skipped a beat when he first kissed me.

"You okay?" Percy asked.

I came out from under the covers and said, "Never better." I couldn't stop smiling. I quickly got up and said, "I gotta see Piper real quick. Bye." I ran the the Aphrodite cabin and knocked on the door. Piper answered and before she could say anything, I dragged her to the side of the cabin.

"What are you doing?" Piper asked.

I looked around to make sure nobody was listening to our conversation. I finally said, "Vince kissed me." It came out as a whisper, but I knew Piper heard me cause she smiled and started fangirling. "BUT you have to swear on the River Styx you won't let the words leave your mouth unless talking to me," I added.

Piper nodded, saying, "I swear on the River Styx." And with that, I went back to my cabin. I ran so I could be back before curfew. I reached my cabin and dashed in. Coming in, I bumped into Percy and fell onto the ground.

"Oh, are you okay?" Percy asked, giving me his hand.

I took his hand and said, "Yeah. My fault. Okay, night time. Bye!" I ran to my bed and turned away from Percy. I bit my lip again in excitement. I just couldn't get over the fact. I laid on my back, playing with my new necklace.

Percy noticed it and asked, "Where'd you get that?"

"Oh, Vince made it for me. Isn't it beautiful?" I asked, looking down at it.

"I guess," He said.

I picked up a water bottle and drank it. I was halfway done when I said, "What if this was clear beer. I'd be so drunk right now." I laughed at my comment. I was so weird and then I thought what it was like to be drunk. Oh my gods, I'm so gonna try it sometime.

"You are so odd," Percy commented.

"And that's why people love me." Percy rolled his eyes and went to sleep. I did the same as I thought what my life would be like when no monsters are around.