Two years and nine months earlier

Yoongi wasn't one to admit that he wasn't okay so easily. It took his friends countless attempts to get him to speak, even Hoseok. Even Jimin.
So of course he didn't tell anyone that it really, really bugged him that he hadn't seen his boyfriend in about four months except for the crappy video calls they had every now and then. They were both so unbelievably busy, it was hard to make time for the other one. Sure, there were the usual Good Morning and Good Night texts, but that obviously wasn't enough. Not at all.

Yoongi also wasn't one to crave any kind of physical contact, but when it came to Jimin it was a whole different story. Sometimes, it was even hard for him not to touch the younger.
Four months without even holding his hand was like pure torture. Even if Yoongi wasn't thinking about it, there was this heavy feeling in his stomach that would be there to remind him of his boyfriend who was on the other side of the country, too far away to be under his hands, melting from his touch.

In other words, Yoongi fucking missed Jimin. He missed him so much that sometimes, he would sit on the floor and just stare at pictures of Jimin, as if he was scared to forget what Jimin looked like. It was horrible, pure agony, and Yoongi wasn't overly emotional, yet he felt like crying way too frequently.
And a tiny part of him was even scared that they would drift apart. That all these miles changed them and their relationship. That it would be awkward once he saw Jimin again.

But there was no reason for that, was there? Yoongi knew that his fears were unreasonable. Him and Jimin still had phone calls, they were still talking, he would have noticed if Jimin had changed. Or maybe it was Yoongi who was changing...
No, neither of them was changing, it was just one of Yoongi's way-too-many worries and it was driving him crazy.

He just wanted to wrap his arms around Jimin again and kiss him, that's all he wished for. Really, was that already too much to ask for?

Jimin was calling him at 6.30pm. Yoongi had never picked up a call faster before. He knew that if he could see himself, he would be disgusted. What a lovestruck idiot he was. But he couldn't help it, of course not.

"Hey," Yoongi breathed out and sat down on his couch. He could hear a rushing through the phone, as if a car was driving past Jimin.
"Hey hyung!" Jimin greeted him happily. His breathing was a bit faster, almost unnoticable.
"Are you outside?" Yoongi asked. Jimin hummed.
"Yeah, I'm on my way home from the university... it's been a long day today."

Yoongi once again glanced at his clock. 6.31pm.

"I thought your classes ended around two today," he suddenly remembered. And yes, really, he was sure that Jimin had texted him yesterday, when Yoongi had asked him, that his lecture would end at 2.10pm, and Yoongi also remembered how much that had relieved Jimin because he really needed to study and then buy some more Christmas presents – December 24th was coming up – Yoongi was almost a hundred percent sure that Jimin had told him just that. And by the short silence on the other side of the line followed by an "Uh," Yoongi knew that Jimin had maybe probably very likely lied to him.

"Did I say university? I meant... city centre?" Jimin said, raising his voice towards the end of the sentence. Yoongi felt his jaw clench. "Where are you?" he asked sternly, a bit too sternly, maybe.

Jimin sighed. "Outside," he simply said. Yoongi inhaled deeply. "Where are you, Jimin?" he asked again.
His door bell rang. Hoseok had told him he'd come over later that day, with Namjoon, for a movie night.

"Yoongi," Jimin said, "Don't be mad, yeah?"

Yoongi involuntarily stood up at that. He felt his whole body tense as he blankly stared at the floor. "What did you do?" he asked, voice sounding shockingly monotone.
The bell rang again and Yoongi took a few steps towards the door – he was busy, couldn't Hoseok just wait for a few moments? – then he pressed the button that would unlock the door downstairs. He leaned his head against the wall as he waited for Jimin's reply.