The Museum

I got down on one knee and looked the little boy right in the eye. "What's your name, kid?"

The little boy looked like he was about to cry. "I'm Zames."

"All right, Zames. My name is Eliza and this is Solomon. We're here to help you. You don't have to do anything that you don't want to. We're going to find this Black Hand and stop them from hurting your family, but you can't crash the Sky Train. All these people will be hurt."

Zames nodded.

The train began to slow down. Whoever this kid was he was a powerful psionic.

"All right. That's better. Now listen to me carefully, Zames. We're going to get off at the next stop and you're going to come with us. We're going to find the people that made you do this."

"Eliza, we don't have time for this," Solomon said.

"I don't care, Solomon. This kid could have crashed the sky train, but he didn't. We have to help him."

The train pulled up to the next station and I took hold of Zames's hand and led him out. Solomon followed me. I looked at my Razor Phone. It showed that we were only a few blocks from the Imperial Museum.

I got down on one knee and looked at Zames.

"Zames. There's a police station only a few blocks from here. I want you to go there and tell them your story. Tell them about the Black Hand and your family."

Zames started crying.

"They won't be able to help. I'm scared, Eliza."

"I know you're scared, but you've got to be a big boy and be strong for your family.

Zames hugged me, and I patted him on the head. I watched him walk away towards the police station.

"You just did a very brave and noble thing, Eliza," Solomon said.

"I only wish that I could do more," I said.

"Well come on let's get this over with," Solomon said.

Solomon and I got in line outside the Museum. It was a spectacular building that reminded me of the New York Public Library. Two large gold statues of Dragons stood guard outside the old stone building which was surrounded by a circular fountain. I could see Dra Khanian children playing in the fountain.

We waited in line and finally got into the museum.

Inside all was quiet. Solomon and I walked around looking at the display cases and the art that hung on the walls of the first floor. Solomon got out his Razor Phone and snapped a few pictures of the art. We came to the display cases that had the Azorian Power Staffs. I pointed to them.

"Solomon, there are the power staffs."

"Great. Let's go up to the fifth floor and find the Scepter."

Solomon and I take a power lift up to the fifth floor. There proudly displayed in the center of the fifth floor behind red ropes was the Golden Scepter of the C'Kar. I sucked in my breath. It was an absolutely beautiful relic. Made out of pure gold and adorned with diamonds and emeralds, the scepter stood five feet tall and surely looked important.

I walked up to it, and Solomon took a picture with me posing next to it. It was funny but I could almost feel the Scepter calling to me. It wanted me to pick it up.

"Solomon. I can feel the scepter. It's almost like it's alive," I said to Solomon.

"Don't touch it, Eliza. The scepter of the C'Kar is a powerful psychic amplifier and was used in black magic rites by the Dra Khanian High Priests for centuries. That's why we need it back on Earth. It's the only thing that will hurt the Ever Crystal, but don't fall under its sway," Solomon said.

I looked at the beautiful scepter. I wanted it. I wanted to feel its power. I stretched out my hands.

And the scepter flew right at me!

Suddenly, alarm bells shrieked. Solomon ran up to me and pulled out his Razor Phone.

"We've got Security on its way. What did you do?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to hold it and it flew into my hands."

"Great. Now let's get out of here."

Just then, a red and black swirling jump door opened in front of us.

"There's our ride back to Earth. Come on Solomon," I grabbed Solomon's hand and leaped through the Jump Door.

***

Solomon and I emerged onto the same sandy beach that we had left from, but something was different. I looked down at myself. I had changed back to being human during the Jump and I was nude. I struggled to hold the scepter in my hands. It was so heavy.

Just then, I heard the soft soft of hands clapping. Count Ramses approached us with reverence at the sight of the scepter.

"I say. Well done, Ms. Grant and Mr. Moore. You have succeeded where many have failed," Count Ramses said.

I shivered. I was suddenly cold. The scepter felt so heavy in my hands. Count Ramses stretched out his hands and the scepter jumped into his hands.

My teeth chattered. What had I done. It was like I was dreaming and I couldn't wake up.

Just then, another Jump Door appeared and the little Dra Khanian boy Zames sprang out and bowed down before Ramses.

"Master." Zames said.

I sank to my knees. I felt so used up and tired. All I wanted to do was sleep.

"Kid, what are you doing here?"

This was just another test wasn't it," Solomon said.

"Yes and I'm happy to say that you passed it. Without the insight into the Imperial Computer Systems provided by my dear little friend Zames I doubt you would have been able to penetrate security and steal the Scepter."

"Zames. You're a hacker aren't you," I said.

Zames grinned. "Of course. Now I work for my master in the Brimstone Club."

"Kid, You're making a big mistake. I don't know what Ramses promised you, but working for him ..." I couldn't finish.

"Got me off the streets and gave me a life of power," Zames said.

"So all this time you were expecting us to fail," Solomon said.

Zames grinned. "We knew that you needed a little help so I was there to help with the computer systems."

I was so tired of the talking killer routine. I just couldn't stand it any longer.

"Sod this," I said and pulled out my Etheric Knife.

"No wait, Eliza," Solomon said.

I streamed Dragon Fire at Count Ramses.

"No Master," Zames yelled and jumped in front of Ramses. The Dragon Fire hit him full force and engulfed him from head to toe. Zames screamed in pain and fear.

I suddenly felt very tired. Another innocent that I had failed to protect.

"All right, Count. We did what you wanted us to do. Now I want to see my friends released right now," I said and got to my feet.

Count Ramses smiled. "Very well, Ms. Grant. Since you've cost me my favorite young hacker. I think it only proper that you see your friends right now."

Count Ramses extended the scepter of the C'Kar and black light shot out of it. I held up my hands to ward it off, but the light pulled me into it, and I fell down a long tunnel.

To Be Continued

A Message from Trafton:

Hey Guys, if you're enjoying Eliza's adventures so far then please show your support and vote. It's the little star button on the top right of your screen. Thanks a lot and have a great day!