| THIRTYTWO: WHO'S WAVERLY HART?

Start from the beginning

Drunken men still laughed and an old woman passed them on the street. Amandla wanted to reach out for Corey, a little piece of comfort, but refrained. He was still cultivating in his anger, mostly sadness, and she didn't want to upset him even further.

She didn't know how long they were walking, Amandla never kept track of anything of that sort, but it seemed that soon enough they were standing outside of an apartment complex. Well, more like Corey stopped abruptly and she then ran into him as she had been looking at the ground and paying no mind to him.

(That was a lie, all she could think about was how she had hurt her friend – the last thing she wanted to do.)

"We're here," two words. Four words total since she snapped, but they came in pairs of two. Amandla swallowed her guilt.

Corey pulled open the door letting Amandla go in first before following her into the lobby. He didn't even spare the woman at the desk a look before heading to the lift which was to the right, Amandla sending her a smile. They waited a moment for the lift to open before walking in as Corey jabbed the button for the fifth floor quite harshly. Amandla pretended not to notice.

There was no music, only the silence that had been there when they were walking outside. Amandla realized for the first time she was shivering still as her hands went into the pockets of her jacket. The lift opened, they walked out. Ten doors down from the left, Corey knocked on the door three times, pausing, and then four more.

The door opened, revealing the boy they knew from Hogwarts. Lee Jordan, more commonly known for being the friends of Fred and George Weasley being an amazing commentator for Quidditch. Well, that had very opinionated and biased. Still, Lee smiled quite warmly at the door before ushering them inside quickly.

"Come in! Come in! You never know who's watching," the way he said it was different from Amandla before. She had been harsh, he was warm, quieter but nicer. Lighter. Even had a sparkle in his eyes. "Oh, you'll be glad to know that I have a room available for you. Dean Thomas just left – you know him, right? He's in your class – so you don't have to sleep in the living room."

Then, the Jordan noticed the rosiness in Amandla and Corey's cheeks and the way they still had their hands in their coats. "You must be cold, right...I'll have a cuppa for the two of you in a second. 'Til then, there's a fire in the living room. Make yourself at home."

The two did, walking into the living room and placing down their bags as Amandla took the couch right in front of the fire. It had obviously been moved forward quite a bit to really feel the warmth, she suspected that many people had visited Lee and he never found a reason to move it back as long as more people came. Corey, though, sat on the chair beside the couch and a little bit farther behind it, obviously not wanting to stay near Amandla.

It didn't take long for Lee to come back into view with two warm cups of tea, which he handed to both his guests. Amandla graciously took hers, the cup's warmth soothing her cool fingertips.

"Sorry if there's a bit of mess around here," Lee apologized, "When I mean Dean just left, I mean it was maybe two hours ago. He's actually meeting up with Ted Tonks, who's hiding as well. I would help you find them, but they didn't tell me where they were going, don't blame them though. Sorry, I'm rambling aren't I? The point is, I just haven't had a chance to clean up the guest room."

"It's alright," Amandla took a sip of the tea, her tongue scorched in the process yet she still smiled at the male. "Thanks for letting us stay here."

Lee waved it off, "Don't worry about it. I wanna help as much as I can. But I gotta warn you, I only let people stay for up to week. I once had a Death Eater show up here, thankfully I wasn't keeping anyone."