VI.

(please read end for author notes.)

VI

VI. REALIZATION

Calypso was confused, to say the least. She stood in the middle of her temporary room in the mountain and thought. Thought about all the wrong she did too many of the people over the many years she has lived and thought back to her first love. And the what if's that could have happened if she fixed it. If she stayed back in Gotham City with Brue and Alfred, the only two people that seemed to believe in her.

But it hurts. It hurts when she thinks about it because it reminds her of her father and how he abandoned her and her mother. Calypso begins to wonder if Bruce Wayne still lives in Gotham were the night sees all. Maybe she can visit, or track him down, just to catch up for old times sake. But at the same time, it feels like he's still with her. In some way or another, Calypso just knows he's with her.

She sighed and looked in the mirror one last time, taking glances of her uniform making sure everything was intact and began to walk down to the kitchen. Her mornings in the Mountain usually began much like this, Calypso thinking about her past lives and remembering her own code of life and then going down and eating breakfast.

It helps her not forget who she is and what she is striving for in her life. To be reminded that she is still human in many ways and not just the monster many people think she is.

She rummaged through the fridge and decided on eating some toast with peanut butter and bananas on top. She lathered the piece of toast with peanut butter and cut the bananas into perfect sized circles and enjoyed the massive amount of peanut butter on her toast.

As she was moaning into her toast she noticed Aqualad pass by. And did a head nod towards him.

"Goob morhing." She barely made out with a stuffed face. Kaldur chuckled and waved slightly and responded back.

"Morning Cal. Enjoying your breakfast?"

She smiled and swallowed the last piece of toast in her mouth with a satisfied grin. "Oh yeah! I eat this all the time. My apartment is filled with bananas and peanut butter. Had an early morning?"

Kaldur nodded, "I had to help out Roy with a quick mission he was on in Taiwan. Just needed some information from the Mountain. Uh, are you going to say bye to M'gann and Conner before they head to school?" Calypso nodded.

"Well, I'm heading there now if you want to join me?" Kaldur sheepishly asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. Calypso felt her heart soar. She forgot how flattering it was when people got shy of asking her simple stuff.