V.

V. THE BEGINNING

People from all over the world are in the same room as a poor magician from Mississippi. Kings, Lords, Emperors, are all in the same room drinking the same wine and eating the same hunt as him.

But he still felt misplaced. He didn't belong in here. He wasn't someone that should be worthy enough to drink from the same wine as the Lord Zatara.

Henry Cal never understood why Lord Zatara had a liking towards him, he was just a man who can tell the future through cards. At least that's what people think.

"Henry." His eyes looked away from the glass of wine he had been staring at for the past couple of minutes to the eyes of his Lord. He bowed his head respectively, "Lord Zatara."

Lord Zatara took a sip of his drink out of a gold wine cup, his eyes trained on Henry until he looked at the crowd of people begin to dance the traditional waltz.

"Henry, may I ask you something personal?" Lord Zatara asked of Henry who seemed deeply baffled at his Lord.

"Of course My Lord. I shall answer anything you ask of me." Henry bowed again as he would if he were a servant.

Lord Zatara's gaze fell upon him and looked into Henry's bright green eyes, which he found marvelous that someone could posses eyes so extravagant. "Why is it, we are upon the most beautiful women on the earth, and you haven't had a lick of a taste. You just stand and keep to yourself. Do you want women more 'accommodating'?"

Henry stood in the middle of the room baffled and suddenly more red than the women's blush against their cheeks. His hands began to clam and stick together as he look at his Lord.

Henry shook his head in embarrassment, "No, no. It's not that My Lord, I just believe these women don't want anything to do with a physic like me is all." He looked down at his feet shame upon feelings. Lord Zatara's gaze fell upon the different women in the ballroom.

It was true, none seemed to be pleasing men but just latch in for their jewels. Lord Zatara moved his eyes to look back at his most trusted friend and a crease appeared on his forehead, feeling almost sadden for Henry.

"May I show you something Henry?" Henry's eyes snapped up to meet his Lord's and nodded his head furiously, eager to see what his Lord wanted to show him.

Lord Zatara took a hold of Henry's hand and put their drink off to the side on a small standing table, and they were off to a more secluded area.