Oliver went on to ignore him completely and continue his pep talk. "This year, we'll train harder than ever!" He said confidently, sending off the board to self-clean before leading everyone to the field. Once Harry came out from the locker room, he spotted Hermione and Ron entering the field. He came up towards them and greeted them a good morning.

"How was practice?"

"We haven't even started yet," Harry replied, his voice easing out of his drowsiness.

"I can't believe it!" Wood roared, storming off to the edge of the field, heading straight for the approaching group that had just entered the pitch. Wordlessly, the Gryffindors congealed together behind Oliver like a pride of lions, marching as one towards the Slytherin team that was led by their captain, Marcus Flint.

"Easy, Wood, I have a note." Marcus coolly advised, handing him a smaller than average roll of parchment. Oliver cordially took the roll and unfurled it right then, "I, Professor Severus Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field in order to train their new Seeker and Beater." He hastily rolled the note back up and returned it to Flint, "You have a new Seeker and Beater? Who?" Wood asked, looking around their team.

Several of the older members parted, setting themselves aside so that the opposing team could see the new ones that had joined their ranks. From the center showed Draco Malfoy and Emily Potter standing side by side, appearing almost older from their actual age now that they wore emerald green and silver uniforms. So, this is why Snape called for those two the other day, Harry thought to himself, mustering a grin for his sister to show his support even though it stung him to realize that Emily had no intention of letting him know beforehand.

The corner of Oliver's mouth dipped considerably, unable to hide the fact that he was impressed that Emily joined. "Good job being Seeker, Em. I trust you'd do well." He said with a courteous smile accompanied with an outstretched hand for her to shake.

Emily blinked rapidly and appeared flustered, but she shook his hand, nonetheless. "Thanks, but I'm one of the new Beaters, actually." She corrected, showing in her other hand a heavy wooden bat with a hammered iron band across the barrel of the bat. With that, Oliver's smile grew dim, and his eyes panned to look at Draco, who was already staring back at him with a smug smirk on his face. "Right, well – best of luck to both of you."

An audible gasp was heard from Harry's right. "Is that a Nimbus 2001?" Ron asked, looking at the Slytherin team's brooms. They were sleek, to say the least. The brooms' handles appeared to have been made from a beautiful dark wood that only accentuated the beauty and sophistication that the shining silver embellishments had already brought.

"Ah, they're gifts," Marcus told the Gryffindors with a daunting look. "From Draco's father. Been waiting to be put to good use all summer, it seems."

Emily watched Draco leave her side and walk up towards Ron at a pace that just screamed obnoxiousness. "My father can afford the best and won't settle for less than that – Though I can't say if your father could do the same, Weasley." He mocked, sneering at Ron like the mere presence of him disgusted him beyond reason.

"Draco, quit it," Emily warned, her temper rising when she saw that he had deliberated ignored her. 

Hermione stepped away from the back and stood by Ron's side, "At least no one in the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," She retorted, proudly looking over her housemates and then back at Malfoy. "They got in with pure talent, though I can't say if you could say the same for yourself, Malfoy."

Well executed, Granger. Emily crossed her arms over her front, amused with Hermione's quickness.

The grey in Draco's eyes darkened to the likeness of a storm cloud, his mouth twisted into a foul scowl. "No one bloody asked for your opinion, you filthy Mudblood." He bitterly spat, glaring daggers at the Gryffindor who had been rendered speechless with pain evident in her equally darkened brown eyes.