Chapter 5 - Invitation

Start from the beginning

"Lilith! Be careful with the ladder, look how wobbly it is!" her mum exclaimed after seeing her daughter trying to balance on the ladder with one leg and another hanging out as she cleaned the dirty blade of the ceiling fan.

"I'm almost done," she replied before climbing down the ladder. "There, it's all clean," Lilith smiled, wiping the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand while another holding the dirty cloth.

"This character of yours is going to get you one day Lilith," her mum chided, shaking her head.

Lilith grinned, "Are you leaving now?" she asked and her mum replied with a yes.

"Alright. Wait up, let me dump the dirty water first," Lilith said as she brought the pail to the washroom.

"Lilith, you don't have to accompany me to the blood centre. It's going to take some time you know," her mum warned as she kept the ladder in the storage room.

"It's okay mum, I'm free anyway," Lilith reassured. "Also you will be weak after the session, don't you want someone to help you up?"

The building was painted with a red cross logo in the middle and a bold "Blood Bank" at the bottom of the cross.

As they walked into the building, Lilith noticed it was classier and bigger compared to the previous one she went with her mum.

"Good afternoon Mdm. May I have your code number and your IC please?" the woman who dressed in white uniform behind the counter greeted.

"Lilith, wait for me at the lobby here. It should finished in an hour, I will come find you there once I'm done," her mum said as she gestured to the sofas at the waiting area before turning back to the nurse.

"Alright," Lilith murmured and walked up to the newspaper stand to pick up some reading materials. She sat at the sofa facing the entrance and began reading.

"Fancy seeing you here," a voice called from above. Lilith looked up from her magazine to see who was it. "I'm Chrissy, remember me?" she smiled as she extended her hand out. 

"Yes of course, I'm Lilith," Lilith introduced herself as she shook her hand.

"You waiting for someone?" Chrissy asked.

"I am waiting for my mum," Lilith replied. If Chrissy is here, that means the other vampires she met -  

"I came with two of my other friends you met before," Chrissy smiled as Lilith widened her eyes before she looked past her to see two male vampires approaching them. 

"Chrissy, met someone you know?" one of the male vampires asked as he looked between them.

"Yes, she's Lilith," Chrissy replied, "and they are Keith and Lord Royle," and introduced them to Lilith.

He must be the Lord of vampires, Lilith thought as she looked at the one whom she collided with at the academy hallway the other day before looking elsewhere. She did not want to get caught staring at him.

There were three notable types of vampires in the society. The pureblood was the oldest, most respectable and the strongest who reign over their kind. They held the highest ranking of Vampire Lord in the four regions – the Land of North, South, East and West.

Each respective region has both a republic government and a Vampire Lord governing alongside in order to create balance in the human and vampire world and Royle was the Vampire Lord in the Land of South.

Noble vampires were the second highest and they took up half of the positions in the Cabinet and therefore held a noticeable amount of power. Most of the organisations in the region were also owned by the noble vampires like Sir Robinson.