Chapter 5 - Invitation

"Every girl and women who look at Royle from far or even a glance find him attractive. Don't you agree?" Keith said.

"Their eyes show how much they want him in their bed but too bad he showed no interest in them. Look at her," he jerked his head towards Masie who walked down the stairs in a hurry. "You want to bet? She's another one."

"Maybe?" Chrissy replied, ticking off the checklist without turning her head to look at who her partner was referring to. She looked up from the checklist,

"Look, I'm really busy right now so rather than listened to you talked about all these nonsense, perhaps you can move out of the way so I can remove those boxes?" Chrissy raised her brows and pointed at the boxes which were stacked up at the corner of the kitchen floor behind him.

"Why not ask the maids to help you instead?" Keith asked, popping a grape into his mouth as he moved aside.

"Its just empty boxes, besides everyone is busy preparing for the social gathering," Chrissy replied. "Bryan is also not around to supervise so I will just help with what I can first," she added.

Bryan was the mansion's butler who was in charge of the supervision and deportment of the servants, making sure they did their job and not slacking off. A few days ago, he was caught up in an accident and had to rest for a week.

Keith nodded his head. "That's true, don't let him overwork. I just visited Bryan before coming here and he seems to be healing pretty well."

After a short pause he continued, "Tell me Chrissy, were you relieved when you heard she went back yesterday?"

Chrissy stopped in her track and turned to him with a confused look, "Who are you referring to?"

"Oh you know who," he replied and took the boxes from her. He went ahead to flatten and folded the boxes neatly while waiting for Chrissy to give him a reply. 

After some thought, Chrissy rolled her eyes when she realised who her partner was referring to.

"Ahh that bitch! Yes, I was definitely relieved when I heard the news from Royle but sadly she's coming back next week," Chrissy answered and pulled a face.

"Yes, that's unfortunate," Keith agreed. "What's her name again? You have been calling her bitch to me the whole time that I have forgotten her real name."

He placed his hand near his temple and sighed sadly, "My once innocent mind has been polluted by my partner." 

"Stop being so dramatic!" Chrissy retorted, slapping his head with her hand. "And the name is Lady Grace."

"Aw! you are so violent, woman. Did anyone tell you that!" Keith groaned and rubbed his head. "I swear I have never seen such an aggressive woman in my life before I met you. Why are you so unlovable Chrissy?"

"Good morning Royle," Chrissy greeted Royle, blatantly ignored Keith as she saw him walking towards them. "Oh! Good morning Royle," Keith followed.

"Good morning," Royle gave them a slight nod. "Chrissy, have you send out the invitation yet? If not I need you to include these few people too," and passed the updated guest list to her. 

"Not yet, but I will sent out the invitations by today once I've update the guest list," Chrissy replied to which Royle nodded his head before turning to Keith, "We should head out soon."

"Are we going to the academy now?" Keith asked.

Royle had suggested to bring Lady Masie along and showed her around St Andrew's Academy this week.

"Yes. Masie is joining us," Royle replied and they walked out to the car awaiting.

On a particular day Lilith was cleaning the ceiling fan when she saw her mum preparing to leave the house.