Chapter 2 - SA Elite Class

SA Elite Class

Lilith frowned as she stared at the words printed on her timetable for the third time. Did Ms Hathaway make a mistake? Maybe it was meant for someone else.

In terms of academic, Lilith knew she was not a smart student except that she was the vice-president for chess club back in her old school. Lilith decided to ask Ms Hathaway later after lecture.

It was the last lecture before the co- curricular began. Co-curricular activity, also known as CCA was a required after school activity for all students in this academy.

Some usually held few days a week, depending on the CCA. They have the option to choose their own CCA but not for Lilith, she did not have a choice for this.

She sighed with relief when the lecture finally ended and started packing her bag. It was a long day for her and she felt tired from hours of non- stop lecture.

"Lilith."

She turned and saw Luke and Steve standing outside the classroom. "Why are you guys here?" Lilith asked curiously, walking towards them.

"We are here to escort you," Luke smiled, "thought you need some help."

Steve stood there beside Luke, leaning against the door watching her quietly.

Lilith shifted uncomfortably. "Actually, I think Ms Hathaway made a mistake. I don't have any special talent or a genius in terms of academic. I don't understand why I am put in this elite class," she whispered.

"What?" Luke started laughing while Steve smirked. "Dear Lilith, you don't need to be a genius or have special talent for this class. I don't think Ms Hathaway will make any mistake too."

Luke slung his arm around her shoulder as he spoke and started walking with Steve beside him. "Either way, we will find out if it is truly a mistake or not. Both of us are very curious too." He said while pointing at Steve.

As they turned round the corner of the hallway, they walked towards the end and climbed up a staircase that was hidden behind a large black curtain. Lilith stood behind as Steve punched in the code and opened the large metal door.

There was a long path stretched across with light bulbs flickered occasionally. Lilith shuddered and walked closer to Luke as she looked behind her, it was so eerie. They stopped at a double glass doors and stepped in.

It was a huge assembly hall connecting to a gym which had glass windows separating the two. Few of them had already arrived sitting on the gym floor to chat. Noticing Lilith in the room, murmurs were heard among them.

Lilith was busy looking around the room when she heard several gasps in the room. Turning to them, she wondered why they were so stunned as if they could not comprehend the situation of her being here.

Realisation kicked in when she realised she was the only female in the room and widened her eyes. Did she step into the wrong room? She looked around to find Luke and Steve standing behind her, watching her move.

"Is this the correct room?" Lilith asked and both of them nodded their head.

"Don't just stand there, come sit with them," a gentle voice spoke behind her.

Lilith turned back to face a middle-aged man who later introduced himself as Sir Andrew.

"SA Elite Class is only meant for special people like you- Dhampirs," Sir Andrew said, gesturing to every one of them. "It is known for you guys that dhampirs are rare but not the world. They do not know your existence."