Chapter 22

Ashley's POV

About a month into Luke and I's perfect relationship, things started getting rocky. I was touring with the band and I started getting more hate than I had fans. Their management decided it'd be best if I left the tour and went on to pursue other things in my life.

All day everyday I would cry on Luke's shoulder. He was really good at listening but really bad at pretending he actually cared. I figured out shortly after that he never really loved me as much as I had thought I loved him. By then I only had 2 performances left before my scheduled release date, so it wasn't awkward for too long, and it was a lot easier to leave when we weren't together.

I went back to my house in Connecticut to see that my dad had given my half of the room we shared to my sister, so I had no where to live at my own house. He said I can sleep in the living room and I did that for about 2 months. I couldn't stand it but it was better than living on the streets.

I really missed my friends. I had a few friends who were still here but I didn't really like them that much. Sam and I just had this special best friend bond and no one else really connected to me as well as she had.

I also really missed the guys. We also had that large connection Sam and I shared, except not quite as big because some times you just relate with a girl better. I missed how they always cared so much and knew exactly how to make me laugh, even when I was in the worst mood.

I talked to a lot of people about what I could do about my situation and most of them went along the lines of going back to visit them and actually keep in touch with them this time. I thought that was good but I was scared. I was scared of rejection. I had rejected them by not keeping in touch when I was asked to leave. I didn't want them to hold the grudge on me.

Although, I went with my instinct and went on Sam's twitter to find out she was in Virginia. I begged my father to drive me down there and luckily he said he would, but he wasn't coming all the way back to come get me.

I didn't exactly plan on getting a hotel room or anything so I just randomly showed up at Matt's doorstep. It took us longer than expected to drive down here and it was midnight, but I had no where else to go.

I knocked on the door and got no answer. I knocked again and after a while I heard footsteps coming to get the door. Matt and Sam were revealed and the instant Sam saw me she slammed the door in my face. I knew she was still there behind the door talking to Matt but I couldn't make out what she was saying, it was too muffled.

It had been a while since I heard them talking and just decided to leave. I shouldn't have done this. I couldn't blame them for this though. I wasn't their friend anymore. I'll try again tomorrow and hope someone else answers the door. Until then I will sleep in the park.

That where I am now. It is about four in the morning and I haven't slept all night. I just sat on the bench trying to find a way for them to forgive me. I made a lot of mistakes I had to repair.

I didn't even know where to start, but I thought it'd be best to get Matt and Sam's forgiveness. Even if they did leave me out at night with no where to go. I would normally want to just get Sam's forgiveness before anyone else but Matt and her come in a package now. She wouldn't forgive me without him knowing.

Sam's POV

It was the next morning after Ashley came and showed up at Matt's front door and I was still pissed off. I didn't know where she went after we left her on the front porch, but to be honest, I didn't care. I hoped she was ok, but I didn't want her here.

She left, and I get that Bart asked her to and everything, but she didn't just leave us physically, she left us mentally too. She shut us out and made absolutely no contact with us. We eventually gave up and moved on, and now she comes back to ruin everything.

I was just laying in Matt's bed on my phone when I heard another knock on the door much like last night. I grabbed Matt from hanging out with the guys in the room next door and we went to answer it.

We told the guys we had to talk but that's not really what it was obviously. We didn't want anyone to know she was coming back. We couldn't risk anyone(Aaron) to forgive her when she doesn't deserve it.

We opened to door and she was standing there again with her bags. She looked awful so she probably slept in the streets or something. We stepped outside and just stared her down.

"Hi ummm I'm really sorry and I don't really expect you to talk to me it forgive me but I really miss you guys and my old life. Things haven't exactly been working out for me and I just have to get back on my feet. Umm I'm sorry I shouldn't have come I just didn't know what else to do." She confessed not looking either of us in the eye.

"What makes you think you can come back here?" Matt said harshly.

"I don't know I just wanted to see you guys again and I didn't realize how weird it was until I was standing outside your house last night without anywhere else to go." She explained trying to get sympathy from us. But we kept going strong.

"Bart told you to leave. We've moved on and it's time you do to. We thought you already had but I guess not." I said sounding like a total bitch but I had to.

"I tried. I dated Luke Hemmings for most of the time but I dumped him when I realized he didn't love me. And I got kicked off the tour as well. Things don't really go my way anymore." She went on about how she is so unlucky now.

"Did you really expect us to forgive you? was your plan to guilt us into hanging out with you again?" I asked. I just couldn't believe she was really here.

"I don't I just don't know what to say. Everything just seems great here and you all seem so happy and carefree and I just needed a friend I guess" she said and her words stabbed me right in the chest.

"Not everything is great here. But we tried to contact you when you left. You wanted nothing to do with us and blocked us out of your life. We couldn't keep going forever. We had to move on sometime. You have to understand that. If we were really friends you would've done that. Friends don't do that to each other." I told her and went back inside.

I knew Matt was still out there but I couldn't talk to her anymore. Sure I want to be friends with her again but she hasn't proved herself in any way.

I just went up to the guys' room to hang out with them. They were all curious about our 'talk' but when I wouldn't spill they concluded that we were just making out and then dropped the topic. That was until Matt walked in and they all yelled 'get it Matt' like a bunch of immature kids, that they technically are.

I just laughed it off and pretended as if everything was alright. The thought of Ashely and Matt having a conversation without me there outside was eating me alive and I really wanted to know what they were saying. I couldn't wait to find out tonight.