Chapter 4

Sam's POV

It's been over a week and I still don't know what to do about Matt. I mean it's be kind of weird if I started dating someone else while I was living in my ex boyfriends house. But since Hayes passed it has been arranged that we will be leaving around next week.

I don't know where I am going to go. I can't go home and be so far away from all my friends. But I just can't stay here forever while I'm still in high school. We've discussed getting an apartment up here but none of us have the money to do that. Our parents would want us home like regular teenagers as we finish high school.

I decided to call my mom and see what her opinion is. I would think that she'd miss me and want me home but who knows. She picked up after a while.

"Hello?" my mom answered.

"Hey mom!" I replied excitedly.

"Sweetie how are you I haven't heard from you in a while. Just your weekly texts saying you were still alive."

"I'm fine mom, things here are just kinda crazy and I need some motherly advice."

"Ok well I have to know the story first hun"

"Ok well after Hayes died, and well actually even long before that, Cameron started shutting me out. He didn't talk to me for over 3 months because he was scared to get close to anyone and lose them again. I've been talking to the other guys and everything and getting closer to them while Cam wasn't around. I broke it off with Cam about a week ago and now I really like Matt but I can't go out with him while I'm living here. And obviously I have to find another place to stay because it's pretty weird living at my ex's house. I just don't want us all to separate when we're such good friends." I explained rapidly all in one breathe. I'll be surprised if she understood one word.

"Let me get this straight: you and your boyfriend were having trouble and not speaking for over 3 months and in that time you started falling for someone else also living in that house and you finally broke up with your boyfriend a week ago so you want to leave because it's awkward but you don't want to leave all your friends." She clarified.

"Yeah and I know it probably sounds ridiculous I just really like my life when I'm with them and it's not that I didn't like it before I'm just so happy and free and relaxed when I'm around them and I never want that feeling to go away." I added so she didn't think it was so insane.

"Well in all honesty I think your definitely mature enough to live on your own. And my guess is your planning on eventually going out with Matt once you leave there. But your both still finishing online high school so you can't get a job just yet." She thought aloud. "well the best I can come up with is rotate families to live with"

"What? I don't understand exactly what you mean by that." I questioned.

"One week live with one persons family and then all of you travel to the next family the next week. That way you all stay together, don't have to pay for your own place, and you get to see your family more often." She explained.

"That's brilliant oh my god thanks mom! I'll call you later or tomorrow but I gotta go tell everyone." I rushed down the stairs to find them on the couch eating and watching tv just like every other evening together.

I came into the room abruptly saying "I've got news!!" Repeatedly. I sat down between Jack J and Matt of course.

"Well tell us! did you figure out where we are going to live without separating?" Taylor asked me anxiously.

"Yeah I called my mom and she thought if a brilliant idea." After I said that the room got quiet for a second but when I didn't go on they started shouting at me telling me to go on, you know the usual best friend thing. "She told us to rotate between our own families. We all enroll in online school, so that's not a problem. About every 9 weeks we will get to see our family again, if we stay at each home for a week. It'll be less money spent. And we are all together." I finished.

They all started thinking about the outcome of this plan. They finally concluded that the plan was perfect and we would give it a shot. We were to start at Jack J's house because it was closest to where we were now. He called his mom and got permission. He also said she was dying to see everyone again and was really excited.

The downside to this plan was all the driving. It's not like we all live in the same state. If we go in order we will go from Nebraska for 2 weeks to Louisiana for 1 week to Indiana for 1 week to North Carolina for 2 weeks to Virginia for 1 week to Connecticut for 2 weeks then back to Nebraska. So we will be on the road a lot, and we don't have many drivers so we'll be stopping a lot I guess.

Later that Night

I was up in Ashley and I's room when Matt came in. Ashley was off hanging out with Aaron and Taylor somewhere. Matt walked up to me lying on my bed and plopped down next to me, face first.

"Heyyy" I said to him playing with his blonde hair.

"Sup" he said popping the "p". I could tell he was in a bad mood.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"I can't tell you." He replied. I was astonished.

"And why is that? Why can't you tell your best friend why your sad." I asked him, curious as to why he can't tell me why he's upset.

"Because it can either make or break us." He confessed. I was confused still. He noticed and sat up to look at me. "I can't stand not being with you. I love who I am with you. I want to be so much more than best friends. And I know it's weird because you just got out of a relationship with Cam, but I just can't stand not being able to call you mine. It's driving me crazy." He confessed releasing a sigh of relief at the end.

He wasn't looking into my eyes. I could tell now he was nervous about my reply. I leaned over and have him a big hug. "Matt I like you too. We just have to wait a little while, ok? it'll be fine, we still get to spend time with each other and be best friends. No matter what happens." I released him from my bear hug.

"Just promise me that you won't give up on us if things get rocky. I mean this plan might not work and then we will be miles apart. And no matter how far we are, I can't be without you." he stuck out his pinky like a little kid and I giggled. Nonetheless I wrapped my smaller pinkie around his and promised. I knew for a fact that I never wanted this kid out of my life.