Chapter 12

Matt's POV

Honestly I had no clue what to do in this situation. Aaron and the rest of the family had to know but I couldn't just betray Sam and Ashley's trust. I think I did the right thing driving her to the airport to see her off. But I still didn't know how to make things better for Sam. Her best friend just left and soon she has to explain to everyone why.

We were still on the road heading back to Jacks house. I reached over the center council and grabbed her hand rubbing circles in it to calm her down and help her relax.

"We can do this ok? I'll be here the whole time." I said once we were walking inside.

We saw everyone running around frantically when we opened the door. They saw us enter and ran up to us engulfing us in hugs. "Where the hell were you guys? we were so worried." Taylor spilled. He can be such a softy sometimes.

"We were at the airport." Sam admitted. She sounded like all the life was drained out of her. She just stood there emotionless ignoring the others questions. That's when she saw Aaron and began to cry into my side and everyone shut up.

We walked over to the couch and everyone gathered around Sam and I, looking for answers. "Where is Ashley? is she ok? please just answer me?!" Aaron was freaking out. Once Carter got him under control I let Sam explain. I rested a reassuring hand on her back as she spoke.

"Ashley had to go back home to Connecticut. She thought it'd be easier for herself if she didn't say goodbye. I tried telling her it'd be harder for everyone else if she just left but she didn't care. She insisted that this was what she had to do. But she really did care, she did. And she knew how much you guys cared about her. She's never going to forget you guys and all the amazing memories she has. She loves each and every one of you guys and didn't want to leave. you have to understand how hard this is for her and that she's going to need some time before everything gets better." She explained carefully not breaking at all, clearly holding it in for them.

"Why did she have to go?" a crying Aaron said with his voice breaking.

"Bart had a meeting with us this afternoon. He said she was a bad influence and it'd be best if she got away from you guys. The fans don't like her and think she's ruder than she is funny and they don't think she's that nice. Bart believes that she is rubbing off on everyone and that's why you've been acting so differently lately." She said again so brave. I couldn't believe how strong she was. By now everyone was crying.

"But you weren't kicked out?" Jack j asked curious.

"We had separate meetings. I didn't know why at first and I thought I would be sent away over her but I was wrong. She was more talented and had more of a right to be here than I did." I admitted.

"Now that is not true! You had just as much the right to be here as she did and just because Bart made a bad idea doesn't mean you don't belong here. You can't just put yourself down for this. You two aren't the same person and your not a package deal. She was more into music than you and you were more about comedy. We have enough music here and we needed more comedy and that's why your here. He also thought it'd be better to have a girl and more specifically one that got along with all of us. You belong here Sam so don't ever think that you don't." I spoke up from beside her. She shouldn't think less of herself because of this.

"Wait, so Ashley was banned from being near us and you were asked to join MAGCon?" Nash asked.

"Yeah. He thought the fans would like me and that I fit in perfectly." She answered nervously.

"That's great! really it is! we love you Sam and your already part of the family so now it's just official." Jack G said nudging her leg a little bit.

"Yeah it's great" she said faking a smile.

We went upstairs and I decided to stay with her tonight. She needed me right now and honestly, I wanted to be with her every second of the day. I loved this girl and never wanted to let her go.

"You ok?" I asked her as we layed in her bed.

"Yeah, just tired." She said sighing.

"You don't have to lie to me." I said snuggling up to her. She rested her head on my chest and I had my arms around her keeping her at my side.

"It'll get better. This is just hard for me. I always dreamed of traveling the world with my bestfriend, but she just left and I'm still traveling the world alone." She said softly.

"Your not alone. You have all of us. And you can have more than one best friend. Now you have your family to travel with." I said encouragingly.

"Yeah I know. It's just hard not having her around anymore. She should be here too."

"Yeah well Bart's a pretty easy going guy, so she must've done something he really didn't like to get on his bad side." I told her.

"Really? I wonder what it is?" she questioned.

"Well he's close to Aaron and has tried setting him up with his daughter so maybe that's why." I offered

"Maybe." She said in my he middle of a yawn.

"Tired?" I questioned laughing.

"Yeah." She said snuggling further into my side than before. I wrapped the blanket over her some more.

"Goodnight beautiful" I said and pecked her on the lips.

"Goodnight. I love you." She said to me and my heart stopped. I wanted to hear her say that every second of the day. Just knowing she loves me back makes me so happy.

"I love you too Sam" and with that I went to sleep.