Chapter 9

Matt's POV

This road trip has been longer than we expected. We expected it to take about a week and a half to drive all the way from California to Nebraska. But we didn't really account for per breaks, food, gas and nights, since we weren't driving at night. And it didn't help that we were limited to 4 legal drivers.

The only thing making it bearable was Sam. She was always there for me. If I was feeling tired so would tell me to sleep and that I can use her as a pillow, I took advantage of that and pretended I was tired more often at that. When I was hyper she was hyper. The list goes on and on. We just click.

I used to think love at first sight was just a myth, that it never actually happens and it's just teenagers being stupid. Today, I still don't believe in it. My theory is that some people just click with other people when they first meet. I don't believe in love at first sight, but I sure believe in that click.

We were only a few miles from Jack's house. Everyone was super excited, mainly to finally get out of this van and stretch out our legs. There were a lot of us, and not all of us might not be that tall, but some of us are. Nash and I are about exactly 6 foot. The rest of the guys are between 5'5 and 6 foot. Sam is around 5'8 so she is taller than some of the guys. Ashley's shorter than everyone so I don't even know her height.

We finally got there and we all cheered. His parents ran outside to greet us. We filed out of the van in a very unorderly fashion. Sam and I just waited for the others to leave and took our time getting out.

Once we were out I went up to Sam and grabbed her from behind her back and lifted her up. She screamed out of terror and then started laughing when she knew it was me.

I spun her around and crashed my lips into hers. It was a sweet kiss, just to express how relieved we both were to be out of that car.

We got into Gilinsky's house and argued about rooms. There were 9 of us all together and we had to separate into 4 rooms. We offered 2 people in three of the rooms and 3 in the last, but there was always a problem. Finally Ashley and Sam convinced everyone into settling with that idea. We decided Jack G and J would both share his bedroom. The Ashley and Sam would share a guest room. And Aaron and I would share the one next door to them. Then Taylor, Nash and Carter would share the living room that branched off into the hallway with all the rooms.

After we finished unpacking I went into their room to find Sam fast asleep. Ashely left to Aaron's room, I'm guessing. I took a picture of Sam and decided it was too cute not to post on Instagram. I shared it with the caption 'sleeping beauty 😍' and within seconds she was getting hate. I was glad I didn't tag her in it but obviously this is going to be a problem. We will just have to do our best to ignore the haters until they realize how great she is.

I felt my eyelids drooping and I was really tired. I curled up next to my princess and wrapped her smaller figure in my arms. Sleep overtook me and soon I was left with my dreams.

Ashley's POV

I slept most of the ride here to Omaha, so I wasn't tired when Sam crashed. I knew Matt and Sam would end up sleeping and so I decided to go into Aaron's room and hang out with him.

"Hey Aaron!" I said cheerfully going over to him.

"Hey babe" he replied and I died a little bit inside. On the outside I kept it cool and played it off like it was nothing.

"I'm bored. Let's do something." I said playing with his large hands as I sat down next to him on his bed.

"Well how about we just talk for now." He said laughing. Boys are so perverted sometimes.

"You know I didn't mean it like that." I scowled at him.

"Ok ok, but really, let's talk." I said as he smiled sweetly.

"What about?" I asked curious.

"Us" he replied bluntly.

"What about us?" I said afraid of the outcome.

"Well I know your still upset, because your last boyfriend just passed away, and trust me I am just as upset about that, but I was wondering if you'd maybe want to be my girlfriend." He asked nervously fidgeting. I was speechless.

"Oh my god of course! I'd love to. I really like you Aaron and I can just be myself with you. I'm glad I can say that I am able to be with someone as perfect as you are." I admitted shyly.

"Are you kidding? I am far from perfect. But I haven't been able to keep my eyes off you since I met you. I just couldn't have you since you were taken. And I know this is a little rushed but I was just too eager, I couldn't wait any longer to call you mine." I spoke and I melted.

I hugged him and he leaned in and kissed me for the first time. It felt magical. I was glad I can be with someone I love again to fill this hole in my heart.

Short chapter sorry. I'll update again soon. Be sure to comment and tell me what you think.

And can you all please go read my friend Ashley's story called A Dream Come True? it's really good and you won't regret reading it. Her username is aaronsgirl913 for anyone willing to read it. And it is also about magcon.