Chapter 3

Matt's POV

I overheard Sam talking to Cameron next door. She made it perfectly clear that she still wanted to be with him. I don't know why he's being so stubborn and selfish. I know she loves him, and I thought he loved her too, but I guess I was wrong if he's doing all this to her.

She was so strong. I couldn't help it admire that about her. She just went in there and broke up with him. And he didn't even seem upset about it, but then again, he doesn't seem to show any emotion anymore.

I heard someone knock on the door after a while. It's been about 15 minutes after she broke up with him so it's probably her now. Most likely she went and told Ashley everything that happened before me, since she is her best friend and all.

I opened the door and she stood there with a stunning smile on her face. I smiled back and wrapped her in a hug. She started laughing that adorable laugh I always love to hear and pulled away still laughing which caused me to laugh, then she started laughing anymore and this went on for about 10 minutes until we finally pulled ourselves together.

"What was that for?" she asked still giggly, wiping away a tear from her eye. I've noticed that she often starts crying when she laughs too hard.

"What? the hug? Oh well I heard what happened and I don't know, I thought you might want a hug." I explained blushing.

"Mmaaattttttt don't even worry about it. You have my permission to hug me any time you want, if I can too." She said wrapping her arms around me again. She was pretty tall, but compared to my height she was much shorter, so her head was easily tucked into my neck.

"That's a deal." I told her tucking my head into her neck like she did previously.

After our, longer than expected, hug we sat on my bed and decided to watch some movies on netflix. I grabbed my laptop and I let her pick the movie. She picked 27 dresses. She claims it is her favorite movie, but last night she said it was Marley and me, and mean girls, and pitch perfect, the list goes on and on.

About halfway through the movie I felt her falling asleep but fighting to stay awake. I wrapped my arm around her so she can snuggle into me side like she always does.

"You can go to sleep you know?" I whispered quietly into her ear.

"Yeah but the end is the best part of the movie, I've gotta see it. Then I'll fall asleep." She whispered back explaining her plans of sleeping. I just smirked and watched the movie. About 10 minutes later I felt her steady heartbeat against my side and her grip loosen from around me.

I turned off the movie and shut off the light, careful not to wake her up. A grabbed a blanket and covered the both of us up. I wrapped my arms back around her and fell asleep. If only she knew how much she really meant to me.

Sam's POV

I woke up the next morning with my arms wrapped around the adorable blonde boy I am happy to call my best friend. I love how he's always there for me. He has no idea how much that hug last night really meant. I didn't think anyone cared enough to actually offer me a hug after eavesdropping on my conversation while breaking up with my boyfriend. He's a strange one.

He was still fast asleep and I couldn't really move because his arms were wrapped around me. I didn't mind though, because at the moment, this was my favorite place in the world.

Last night I came to the conclusion that I never really loved Cameron. I mean, I definitely liked him, but I think I was just blinded by his looks and charm. And it didn't help that Matt was kinda rude the first time I met him. But I didn't hesitate to forgive him after he apologized. It's crazy how so much can change over a few months.

Matt finally started to wake up and I got to see those gorgeous eyes that captivate me every time I look into them.

"Hello" he said in a ruff morning voice. Omg does this boy drive me crazy.

"Hey" I said still staring into his perfect eyes. "Umm not that I don't love laying here but I kinda gotta pee sooo" I said awkwardly.

"Oh uhh sorry about that. Umm you could've just woke me up if you really had to go before." He said trying to make the situation less weird, but failing miserably.

"Matt it's fine. Really I was up like 2 minutes before you." I clarified.

"Oh ok well have a good pee" he said as I walked out of the room. I didn't actually have to pee, I just really needed advice right about now.

Ashley's POV

I heard Sam walk into our room. I was still in bed but wasn't asleep. I was just too lazy to open my eyes and actually be productive.

"Ashley get your lazy ass up I know your awake." Damn it, she knew me too well.

"Ok ok what do you want?" I asked getting annoyed.

"How long do you think it takes to get over someone?" I asked avoiding my big question.

"Well not a day, but you and Cam haven't talked in about 3 months and I believe that should've given you enough time to get over him. I mean if your still in love with him after he shut you out like that, if truly be surprised." She stated her opinion freely.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure I don't love him anymore anyways." I mumbled quietly. Unfortunately, she still heard me.

"Then what is this all about?" That was the question I dreaded to hear. Now I had to admit it, to Ashley and myself.

"I think I might like Matt."

What do you guys think?

Cameron vs Matthew

I'll update again soon. Hope you like it. Be sure to comment to let me know what you think