"I wouldn't know, they're too big. I feel like they're wearing me instead of the other way around."

Raen chuckles before bringing his hands down and clasping me around the middle of my back, pulling me close to him as he buries his face into my neck. I hiss when he nudges against the tender spot where he had accidentally bit down on too hard. I turned my head to the side in his hold and looked into the small mirror nailed to the pillar to find a large purple mark, teeth marks etched slightly around the bruise where the skin was red and I only gasped at it before turning my head around to a proud looking Raen and smacking him in the shoulder. Frantically wondering in my head how I was going to show my face with this.

"Sorry." He mumbled with a chuckle before carefully lingering his lips over the mark to kiss it and I shudder, a small noise being made at the back of my throat.

"Raen please don't make it worse, it looks bad enough."

"It looks beautiful." I feel him smile into my neck and I roll my eyes.

"Is this your new way of saying that I'm yours to everyone now?"

He takes his head away from my neck to look at me. Eyes intense as he stares down at me.

"Everyone knows that you're mine. Whether you wish to believe it or not. When I first met you, I knew I had to have you. No one has ever made me feel the way you do Keylin. No one has ever made me want to change myself to be with you."

"But you didn't change yourself right?" I question in slight concern. "You're just..not angry all the time anymore, and nicer to me."

"I guess so.."

He mutters and I frown at that. Growing quiet. He picks up on my change of mood and sighs, turning me around to face him.

"Keylin, I don't want to fall back into old habits and start being cold to you again. I know I'll lose you. Don't give me that look, you and I both know it's true. Look what happened to us last time. Besides, I like making you laugh. I feel calm around you. I know I'll have bad days but I promise you I won't hurt you, not again."

"Just don't bottle it up from me." I sigh as I grab his hand.

"I'm here. Talk to me when you-"

I took a sharp intake of air as my face scrunched up in pain and I almost collapsed if it wasn't for Raen bringing a fast arm around my waist to keep me up. Hand in mine where he used to pull my arms around his neck where he had strung it over in his attempts to keep me up while mine flew down to cradle my rib cage as it felt like a searing pain was etching itself onto my skin.

"Keylin?" Raen questioned in worry and I let out a sudden cry when the searing pain intensified around my mark. I breathed heavily as I came to the conclusion quickly, turning to look up at Raen in fright.

"It's Baja." I manage to say before clenching my teeth and gritting out in pain.

"She's hurt badly."

We both ran down the pathways between tents looking for the panther. My heart was in my throat as my eyes looked franticly around me. I had found that my senses heightening when I was alerted Baja was in danger meaning my eyes, ears and even nose abilities were intensified like an animal's.

"Keylin just wait." I could hear Raen say from behind me as he struggled to keep up with my frantic search but I was nervous. Nothing like this had ever happened before and I didn't know what to do only that I needed to get to Baja. A sickening feeling in my gut telling me I needed to hurry.

As I rounded a corner I stopped dead in my tracks when I took in Baja's black as night form lying on the grass behind one of the tents, unmoving. I felt my heart stop at the sight and my face crumbled.