Black coffee

We soon went back to the car and frank started to drive again. The sun was burnt out and no embers were left. I rested my head on the window and looked out into the vast empty highway. No cars were around at this time except ours. The darkness surrounded us. It seemed to engulf the car and take us to somewhere alien.

The soft lull of smashing pumpkins in the air had filled the car. Franks soft hand traveled over and found mine. I looked over to him.  His eyes faced to the road with a soft smile laced on his lips. Out of all of the people in the world, out of 7 billon plus people, I got the pleasure of holding the hand of Frank Iero. His soft hands and beautiful face. He was like a painting that came to life. He was animated and alive.

It was a beautiful sight. Seeing someone so content and genuine in a moment of vulnerability and unawareness. It was like seeing a new born baby stop crying after being placed in its mother's arms.

There is so many metaphors and analogies to explain the feelings you can't understand. But the more you try to make something make sense to someone else, it'll kill you.

We kept driving all night long. The world seemed so empty on that road that you could feel it in your bones. The ache of being alone.

Frank was getting tired. He yawned every second it seemed.

"Let's pull over." I said to him. It was silent for a few moments. Then the car turned to the side of the road and stopped.

Frank looked over at me and smiled. "Thanks, I'm so tired."

I smiled a little and nodded. Reclining my seat, and looking at the roof of the car. There was a sky light so I could see the stars. I could feel franks gaze on the side of my head. I rolled my head over and looked at him. He had a soft smile and his eyes sparkled.

"Hi." He whispered into the quiet air.

"Hi." I said after giggling.

He got out of the car and opened the back door. He told me to lift my seat up. So I did. He went to the trunk and grabbed something as I sat there curious. He came back with a car air mattress. He placed it in and blew it up with a pump that he had. It made me wonder if he slept in his car a lot.

"Do you wanna sleep back here gee?"

"Sure."

He smiled and put the pump back in the trunk as I got out of the car. I went over to the door that was opened and climbed in. It was comfy. He grabbed a few blankets and gave me one. I thanked him as he got back into the front seat.

"Wait," I said.

He turned and looked at me with a questioning gaze. "Yeah?"

I thought for a second. It wouldn't be comfortable sleeping up there. Plus this bed is pretty big.

"Come sleep back here." My heart rate quickened as I see that. I didn't look at him because I was sacred to see his reaction. I heard shuffling and then the door open and close. I looked up and the door at the end of the bed had opened. He climbed in and lied down after shutting the door.

We faced each other and I looked down at his chest not wanting to make eye contact.

"Gee, hey look at me,"

I looked up and saw his shining eyes looking at me.

"Don't worry, okay??"

I nodded and pulled my blanket up higher.The blankets we had were thin and it was very cold outside. I closed my eyes and stared shivering.

I felt something wrap around me and pull me closer. My eyes opened again to see Franks arm around me. He was warm and smelled like cigarettes and something I couldn't describe. I took a deep breathe loving the smell. I felt him laugh a bit.

I wrapped my arms around him as he did to me. I soon drifted off to sleep.

☆☆

Hello! I hope you enjoy this little chapter. Sorry it's short my mental health and stuff with my parents and school hasn't been the best. I'll figure out something for this. For now this chapter is what you get. Sorry it's lame.
-g٩( )و