Where are you?

I woke up at my desk the next morning. I looked down to see that I didn't finish the drawing of frank yet. It was all drawn but not in color. I thought for a second and decided that I liked it better that way.

Closing my sketchbook and standing up from my desk I went over to my bed and sat down. I remembered the comic books I kept beneath the bed in an old filing box. I grabbed the heavy box and pulled it out. There was dust covering it from edge to edge. I looked outside for a second to see what the weather conditions were today. Cloudy and cold.

My attention went back to the box I pulled out. I started looking through the old comic books one by one. Each one was vastly different from the one before it. Some were from the 80s and were showing off their bright neon colors like a sign in front of a convenience store. There were some newer ones too. They were duller in color and didn't display the same feeling that the others had. They were darker. More corrupted.

It's weird how objects can hold a place in time. It holds a feeling of how the world is at the time of its making. Some objects though, focus on more optimistic views but, with an ever lasting hint of phantoms hiding in the shadows. Even with an optimistic feeling, it's always gonna be different.

I grabbed one of the old comics. I didn't bother to read the title though. This was just to pass time until Frank came to the window.

I looked at the clock to see that it had been a few hours. I had gotten through half the box of comics by this point. I put the comic I was holding on my bed and got on the ground. I then gently placed my ear to the wooden boards. I didn't hear anything though, I listened for a few minutes to make sure.

When I was sure that I heard nothing I got up and brushed off my shirt and pants making my way to the door. I opened it and stepped lightly across the hallway floor. I stood at the stairs again, listening to make sure that I really didn't hear anything. There was no tv softy floating through the air or little chuckles from my mother. I know they are at work, but I always want to make sure.

I walked down the steps not caring about the noise. I went to the kitchen and grabbed the coffee from the cupboard placing it on the counter and flicking on the machine. After I put the coffee into the filter and added water, I walked over to the window and looked out. There was nothing much out there except green grass and a fence.

I heard the soft beep of the coffee machine a few moments later telling me it was done. I grabbed a mug and poured some coffee into it and adding milk and two spoons of sugar. It gave the coffee an authentic taste.

I sat down at the table and looked around. I only ever came down here for coffee. Everything else seemed foreign. I've never even sat on the couches and chairs in the lounge.

They seemed to be too big. Too big to allow one to sit on it comfortably. Anyone like me I guess. I've always been bigger than others my whole life. I finally lost some weight and was now at a healthy weight. It made everything seem so different though. The only thing that didn't change were my clothes. They still fit even though I need a belt.

Minutes passed and I was on my second cup of coffee now. I had gone into my room a few moments before so that I could read comics while I was drinking the hot liquid.

I grabbed the comic I was previously reading but quickly discarded it to start drawing. I went to the window and looked out. I could see a little bit of the street. It seemed to always carry the fall vibe no matter what season it was. It would always give you a sense of comfort that the leaves did when they fell.

I started to draw the tree that I could see from where I'm sitting. The tree had leaves falling from it and was looking almost completely barren. It had a beautiful hint to it though.

The way the leaves blew in the cold air reminded me of humans. Holding on to a support to give them life but, eventually falling off and dying. They'd be replaced by new ones once spring came.

It was starting to get dark out at this point. I didn't worry though, I knew frank sometimes only talked at night. I knew my parents would be home soon too. I decided to just sit quietly and wait. My sketchbook abandoned on the floor beside me.

I watched the cars pass by on the street. All the people in their cars hurrying to their homes and other destinations. It's weird how someone can be so into the rhythm of their daily life that they don't take a second to look around and see what's going on or to think. The only time one ever opens their eyes is when things change. When they get kicked out of their house because they can't afford the rent. When they have to live on the streets and watch all the wealthy people passing by not paying attention to them when they need help the most. When people need help the most, it seems as if everyone avoids them. It's like they know they need help but, they just won't give that help.

It was now dark outside. The street lamps turning on and lighting up the street. I looked over to franks window. The light was off and the house seemed vacant. No noise coming from it. No one walking past the window and showing themselves. It was complete and utter silence.

I heard a car door slam. I knew it was my mother because I recognized the way it was closed. I then heard the door open and softly close. She knocked on the door.

"Gerard honey, you in there?" She said softly.

"Mhm" was all I replied with.

She then walked away going down the stairs and into the lounge. She was always so soft speaking and gentle. She was the complete opposite of dad.

I looked at franks window again, still seeing nothing. I let my gaze linger for a few seconds before getting up and grabbing the pack of cigarettes and lighter that was sitting under my pillow. I packed them a few times while sitting back down in front of the window. I lit one up and inhaled deeply.

I started to wonder where frank was. Maybe he was in his room sleeping. I tapped the window ledge and waited. A few seconds turned to minutes. Five minutes turned to an hour. He wasn't there. Maybe he just didn't hear me. I tapped again louder this time. I waited and waited. Still nothing.

Maybe he was out with friends. Having a good time playing video games with someone. Reading comics and fighting over the last pizza slice. Staring into someone's eyes and letting his breath flash across their face. Maybe he was having a good time with someone.

Someone who's not me.

It's okay though. I've got stuff to distract myself until we talk again. I'll be okay.

He l l o so uh my writing sucks but I tried to make this sound good. Hhhh sorry if it's crap. Aaaaaaannnnnnywayy hope you like this story so far!
- g٩( )و