35. Dear Old Town

Start from the beginning

"Wow."

That was my only words, though I described it in a million others in my head.

Was this really Anthony?

"Nina?" Antonio called from another room and I quickly found myself returning to the reality. I rushed to put the room and remembered to close the door after me. Right as I turned around, Antonio and Anthony came walking into the room.

"I need to tell my brother. They've shown it in the news and if he finds out that way, he'll... he'll-" 

"Easy, we are going to find your brother." Antonio came over and laid a hand on my shoulder. "Do you know his number?" 

"Number?" I looked up into Antonio's asking eyes. 

"Yes, his phone number." 

I shook my head, "no, but I know another way." I peeked over Antonio's shoulder to look at Anthony. "I have to talk to Tony." 

"Oh shoot!" Anthony said and kicked the air. "Not that idiot!"

I twirled around Antonio and walked towards Anthony. "Please! He's the only one who has been in contact with my brother. I think he knows where Liam is." 

Anthony placed his hands firmly on his side and looked away from me for a few seconds. "Fine, but I don't want him near you!" I smiled, but it disappeared quickly when Anthony turned around and walked towards the door. "Come on! We don't have all day!" 

I blinked a few times before his words made sense. I followed him out the house and into his car. Antonio hadn't said anything to stop us, so he probably didn't have anything against it. Anthony turned on the car and looked over at me. "Seatbelt." 

I raised my eyebrow and looked down my torso. As he had said, my seatbelt was missing and I quickly took it on and as I clicked it in, Anthony drove out the driveway and onto the silent road, towards Tony's shop. 

"What if he isn't working?" I asked and turned my gaze to the window. 

"He is. Trust me." 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Trust me." 

Though my heart knew what I felt for him. Trust was still a problem. If I gave it away, it could be crushed and shattered by simple actions. What would happen if it broke? Would I break too?

We drove in silence, Anthony hadn't even turned on the radio as he used too. Every time I would look at him, his jaw would be clenched together with his hands on the wheel, which made his knuckles white. He turned a corner and the familiar buildings came into view and soon we stopped in front of Tony's pizza shop. 

Anthony left the car first since I hesitated. What if he couldn't help. What if I never got to see my brother again. 

Anthony opened the door for me. "Come on, Princess." He gave me a hand and helped me out and together we walked into the shop. My hand slowly crawled down and took his. He didn't shy away, but he spun his fingers around mine and tightened his grip. 

Just as we walked in, Tony came out from behind. As he discovered us, his eyes widened and he blinked several times. "Nina? What are you doing here? With him?" he asked and looked at me to Anthony. 

"I-" 

"Do you know where Liam Watson it?" Anthony asked and stepped forward. 

"Don't cut her off!" Tony barked and pointed at me. Anthony's hand slipped out of mine as he took another step forward and slapped Tony's hand down. 

"Don't tell me what to do! Just answer my answer for Christe sake!" 

"What do you want with Liam?" 

"Just answer the damn question!" Anthony closed in on Tony, who defiantly looked a little scared, but hid it pretty well compared to what others would have done in that situation. 

"I don't know where he is!" Tony yelled right into Anthony's face

"Don't lie to me, little boy. Tell me!"

"I've no idea! and I'm older than you!" 

"Tell me! Do you really think I want to find Liam? I'm fucking doing this because Nina fucking needs him. Do you understand that!" Anthony clenched his fist.

"I-I don't know where he is." 

"Bullshit!" 

I gulped and swung my arms around my body as I watched the scene before me. Why did Anthony have to do this? 

"You. Know. Where. He. Is," Anthony said calmly and took a few step away from Tony, who breathed out in relief. 

"No. I. Don't." 

"Fuck!" Anthony kicked one of the tables and made me jump in terror. I saw Tony's eyes flicker to mine before they returned to Anthony's wild ones. Tony's face was unreadable, no fear, no smirk or anything. He just stood there and watched Anthony get closer and closer. 

"Have you seen the news?" Anthony asked, trying to sound calm. 

"What?" 

"Have you seen the news?" 

"No, why?" 

"Great! You don't even know how bad this is. You're just thinking you're doing everything right by hiding your BFF, however, Nina's father just got-" 

"Stop!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I covered my ears. "Please stop! Both of you!"

They both stopped right in their motions and turned to look directly at me. "Tony, I know you don't trust Anthony, but I need my brother right now and your the only one who has had real contact with him these past five years. I've never asked anything else from you! Not even when you gave me those letters. I've never asked about it, but now I am asking. I am asking about my brother. My brother. Please tell me where he is." 

"What happened to your fa-" 

"Tell me!" I yelled as the tears streamed from my eyes down my chin. "I need to know. Right now! He's my brother!" 

Tony ran a hand through his hair and pulled a chair over for him to sit. "Shit!" he burst out and bent his head back. "I told him I wouldn't say anything. I came him my word!" 

"Please, Tony. For me." 

I took a silent step forward. The another one and then one more. 

"Fine... he's here." 

"What do you mean by here?" Anthony asked before I could. Tony looked around and took a deep breath before he opened his mouth to speak.

"Here. Here in this dear old town."

...

Have a nice day!