Mom's Gift

Hhhheyyyyyy what do u all think?!?!? of the story so far???

--------

Harry's Point of View

I sat down in the chair next to her bed.... Her face was relaxed, with her hair spread out across the white pillow case. Watching her sleep was one of the things I loved to do... The way her chest rose a fell in a steady rhythm, or the soft whispers she let out when she'd be having a bad dream always made me want to curl up into her; and never wanting to leave.

But this was a different kind of sleep... Her beautiful face paler than ash... the copper locks of hair were tamed to the sides of her face with her blood red lips firmly closed.

"Would you like to see your baby, Mr. Styles?" the nurse asks in a whisper as she opens the door, "the poor thing hasn't been held by anyone yet..." she rests a hand on my shoulder as my fixed gaze doesn't waver.

"No," I choke out taking hold of Phoenix's hand.

She nods slightly before looking at Phoenix's unmoving body, "She asked for you..." she says a little louder, "she said she couldn't do it without her Harry..."

I didn't look away from my baby, "I wish I would have been there... maybe she-"

"Don't do that to yourself..." the elderly woman finally forces me to look at her, "there's noting you could have done... by the time she had lost most of her blood she wasn't even laying in the bed..."

The tears were finally turning on and a pain hit my chest, "Be strong for her.." the nurse says touching my cheek, "she's a fighter that one."

A smile slid across my face as a tear slipped down my cheek while I nod.

"Good," she says smiling and straightening herself, "now instead of just staring at her... trying talking."

"I don't have anything to say..." I mumble and wipe my face.

"Then sing," she says as she walks out of the room.

Sing? Would that really work? Could it work? What should I sing..? There is no song about leaving your pregnant girlfriend and then watching her as she's in a coma...

"Hey love..." I whisper picking her hand back up. As my fingers tangled with hers... she gripped my hand, "so you can hear me, Love?" I ask moving closer to her. Another long squeeze.

"Um... the boys and I have been making a new album..." he says smiling a little, "I uh, I wrote a song for it too..."

I watched a small smile pull at her lips as I spoke, "Do you want to hear it..?" I ask smiling and touching her face.

She gave my hand a squeeze, "Alright... maybe when I'm done you can help me title it." i chuckle before clearing my throat.

"You don't understand... You don't understand... The way you make me feel when you hold his hand... 'cause we were met to be... but w were afraid, made it so we had to walk away... 'Cause we're on fire, we are on fire, we're on fire now... I don't care what people say when we're together... I know I want to be the one to hold you in your sleep... I just want it to be you and I forever, I know you wanna leave so baby c'mon be with me so happily..." I sniff a little and look down at her.

"And then it just goes on," I say rubbing the back of my neck, "but I just don't know what to call it..." my shoulders slump a little.

"Happily..." she whispers almost inaudible, "call it happily."

"Phoenix!" I say standing out of my chair and leaning over her, "Phoenix..."

"Harry..." she says looking up at me with glassy eyes, "is our baby ok..?" she whispers trying to look around the room.