News!! (Author's Note)

So here's the deal, due to my mind not being able to focus on one fic for a set amount of time, I have hit an idea I cannot pass up. After this fic I will be writing another with a whole new concept and atmosphere, it will still be Klance (Of course), but most certainly not the same as Of Dropouts and Dogs. It will contain much more heavy concepts and may even cover ordeals such as insecurities, death, injury, mental abuse, and physical abuse. So with no further explanation, here is the basic underline of how it will go, along with the coverart I have slaved over.

~Serendipity (Klance Superhuman AU)~

Serendipity- "Finding something nice while looking for something else"
<List of powers>
• Pyrokinesis - (create, control and manipulate also generate fire, flame and heat.) -Keith
•Hydrokinesis - (manipulate and control liquid water and mold it into any desired shape or form) -Lance
•Energy Manipulation - (manipulate and/or generate energy) -Pidge
•Electric Mimicry - (transform entire body into a lightning-like being of pure electrical energy.) -Shiro
•Ferrokinesis- (the ability to summon, control and manipulate all precious metals and jewels) -Hunk
•Gravity Manipulation - (manipulate gravity and gravitational forces) -Allura
•Space-Time Manipulation - (manipulate either space or the concept of time.) -Coran
•Quintessence Force - (create and manipulate unique form of electrical and life energy) -Matt
•Astral Persuasion- (The user can project their spirit from their body and plant thoughts, ideas and suggestions into others' heads, making them think that it was their own thoughts. This can be done with a whisper and the victim does not physically hear anything but the thoughts will appear in their mind, believing this was their own, doing whatever the user told them to.) -Unknown entity

Fate. Keith never really had an interest for it, nor did he believe in the phenomenon, to him it was just another excuse for the shitty way life played out. For example, one thing people threw back in his face over and over again was the whole, "Your power is decided by fate!". Well if his ability was decided by fate then why was it the reason he was now without a family, the reason he can't get a wink of sleep without experiencing terrible nightmares, the reason so many people avoid him?. If fate decides how one's life plays out than Keith has come to the conclusion she is a bitch, especially to him. No child on the playground wanted to play with the little kid who could create and manipulate fire, he was dangerous to many and a human being to few. Parents ripped their children away when he was near, adults with smaller powers avoided him out of fear and scrutiny, he was an outsider because of his so called 'fate'. After years of avoidance and cold isolation, he has decided to do something about his fate instead, he wanted to control it. No more would he bow to the crippling blows life threw his way, instead he was going to fight back and take what he wants. Even if he had to rip it from someone else's hands. Around this time is when the voices started, little whispers in his mind that he barely noticed nor comprehended; it was almost like a running joke he wasn't part of. Malicious ideas arose at every turn, telling him to use his powers the way everyone deemed he inevitably would, use them to their full potential. He never did. The passing days grew more and more difficult to get through, the whispers became more like firm commands, his subconscious desires morphed into numbness as someone else controlled his own thoughts. He needed help. So once Shiro signed him up for counseling with an old friend who could supposedly feel his life energy and determine what was wrong with it, he begrudgingly complied to get rid of the malicious thoughts. Matt Holt could be described as, well, unique to a certain extent. He was quite the character, adorning a nerdy fascination with how abilities work that merged quite nicely with his sharp eye and feel for a person's aura. His sister Katie Holt, or Pidge as she insists on being called, crosses a whole different boundary on the whole dork behavior. For someone who loves anything to do with technology, being able to generate electricity and manipulate it has its perks. There was never a day where he wouldn't see her tiny fingers dancing along a broken device as her ability worked from the inside out, granted, she needed manual labor to take care of actual broken parts. This is where Hunk Garret comes into the spotlight, a big softy with the most unexpected power; the ability to control, manipulate, and summon precious metals and jewels. He could form any piece of metal no matter the malleability and brittleness to whatever he may wish, it was quite scary to watch. Him and Pidge were a duo carved by the gods, using their shared fascination to work together and fix even the most pitiful device, gaining a reputation that brought in much revenue and attention. All three were the first to find his own power unique, they didn't run or flinch away when fire sparked from his fingertips and spiraled like a coiled snake up his arm or pooled within his palms. He could physically harm Matt and Pidge without either fighting back with their abilities (even though Pidge would sure as hell fight tooth and nail), Hunk's metals would even be useless so long as he got his fire hot enough to melt it. Yet no matter the possible consequences, they always asked to see it and even asked his help doing their own work, it was something he grew to love. Enter Lance McClain. Someone who could extinguish his power with no more than the flick of a wrist, the first person Keith met who had no reason to fear him. Hydrokinesis was like Pyrokinesis in the fact both are considered rarities in their society, opposites that few possessed, and there was a reason for this. Water and fire don't mix, especially when one has the personality of an active volcano whereas the other tended to seep into ever small crevice like their ability, managing to hit every irritating button along the way. The boy showed up once during his session and completely drenched him from head to toe in fear that he was in fact burning, not realizing Keith could engulf his entire body aflame and not feel a single thing. As a wise one once said, Monsters are more dangerous when they are afraid, and Keith didn't like being helpless one bit. Meanwhile, each passing day causes the fire boy even more suffering, sanity slowly slipping away as those whispers clawed at his cranium like a wild beast. Things take an unexpected turn during his search for who or what is responsible for his morbid thoughts, funny how we sometimes find what we need while looking for what we want.
~~~~~~~~
(She/Her pronouns for Pidge because they are easier to work with/that is the pronoun Pidge identifies with in the show)
(Mentions of past abuse, mental abuse, physical harm, and insecure thoughts)
(CoverArt by me for this upcoming story is below)

 ~~~~~~~~(She/Her pronouns for Pidge because they are easier to work with/that is the pronoun Pidge identifies with in the show)(Mentions of past abuse, mental abuse, physical harm, and insecure thoughts) (CoverArt by me for this upcoming story is...

Let me know if you would wish to see this fic in the future
•••••••••••••••••••
Alright time for this story's details, I have been confronted by two people who wish to see a Part 2 of the Breathe Into Me one-shot, which I am very happy to provide. So next chapter will be part 2 of that chapter while I try and work out the holes in my storyline, my motivation for this fix has hit a brick wall and it absolutely sucks. Still, I have a great climax for it that needs to be built up and let me just say, pacing a story is a horrid experience. Thank you so much to those who are reading and thank you VERY MUCH to those who are voting and commenting, they mean a lot to me and give me motivation to keep writing!💙❤️