Chapter Four: Neighbors

^^^^^^More art by me, if you wish to make art based on this story either tag it with 'OfDropoutsAndDogs' or DM it to me, I absolutely adore looking at art❤️

(This is not edited so there may be errors)

"Keith! Can you find the big bowls from Halloween last year!?" Shiro yelled from across the house, causing Keith to stop what he was doing with a huff. Today marked five weeks of living in their new home, and of course the older sibling decided the best way to celebrate was a small party, inviting the neighbors over along with Allura, Matt, and Pidge.

"I'm already cleaning the bathroom, asshole!" Keith yelled back, cringing slightly as he scrubbed the floor in an oversized band tee and shorts, he didn't want the wetness from the floor making pants cling to him after all. For a few moments it seemed as if Shiro had done it himself and gave up on his brother, that is, until the aforementioned brother came barreling up the steps with loud stomps. Once the former soldier emerged in the doorway Keith quite literally screeched, chucking his soapy sponge at the glaring male, backing up into a corner.

The evil grin spreading across Shiro's face spelled trouble, the tongs in his grasp raising dangerously, "excuse me?". Within a few seconds the cooking tool was snapping at Keith's sides, leaving the male a giggling mess on the floor as he writhed along its wet surface. Hair clung to his mouth along with his clothing, the gross feeling making the experience all the more unpleasant as mercy was never shown.

"I'm sorry! Haha! StopItShiro!" Keith screamed, leg slamming into the bathtub loudly, tongs finally retracting away as the ravenette was finally allowed to breathe. As quickly as Shiro appeared, he was gone, leaving the younger sibling to wallow in the gross feeling of wet clothing and grimy hair.

A sound akin to gagging escaped Keith's throat as he sat up, the sound of wet material being pried off the floor following his every movement. They had only an hour before everyone arrived and now he looked and smelled like a janitor, despite the attire he adorned.

"Now I have to take a shower" Keith groaned, getting up from the floor with a scowl menacing enough to keep even Voltron from approaching him, grabbing his red towel between clenched fingers as he stomped his way back to the bathroom. Shiro was still snickering downstairs as he got ready for the guests, causing Keith even more mental and physical suffering.

Just as Keith thought it couldn't get any worse, the foot he used to step within the bathroom was suddenly not on the floor, causing for a nasty slip and even nastier cursing. As if on cue, the snickering from below turned into cackling, Shiro laughing at his brother's pain despite not being there to witness it.

"Fuck you Shiro!" Keith yelled, getting up sourly as his lower back screamed in pain, limping into the bathtub/shower with utter death behind his Violet eyes.

~~~~~~~~

"Keith, don't touch the M&Ms" Shiro sighed for the fifth time, slapping the pale hand away from the red colored bowl. While Keith was wallowing in his own pity in the shower, his brother had managed to find the dishes he was looking for. Five big bowls were perched along the kitchen counters, each adoring a robotic lion's face on the bottom, even more evidence of their childhood obsession.