Solar Eclipse (One-Shot)

This is just a small one-shot I made due to the Solar Eclipse that happened in America, I literally could only think of a Klance date the entire time I watched it. This does not follow the storyline of this fanfic nor changes it in any way, it has absolutely no ties to the story itself. Hope you enjoy :)

To say Lance was thrilled was a complete and utter understatement, the Cuban was basically vibrating in place with unabashed excitement. Bright blue eyes seemed to create a light source of their own underneath the harsh sunlight beaming atop tanned shoulders, small freckles littering the soft skin. Other pedestrians trudged begrudgingly down a nearby sidewalk, complaining about the heat and unrelenting sun, homemade fans even beginning to crumple beneath the pressure.

"What time does it start again?" Lance asked, bounding down the steaming concrete with a smile brighter than the bright star above, gray tanktop bouncing with every exuberant movement. Collective groans emancipated from eight different mouths, all becoming exceedingly done with not only the weather, but also the sickly amount of excitement emancipating from their friend.

"The totality happens in exactly an hour" Pidge stated dryly, typing something in their phone with lightening quick fingers, all the while avoiding divots in the walkway. That exact same statement had been repeated every five minutes, the time slowly diminishing to what it was now, even the group's dad was becoming exceedingly irritated. Blue eyes snapped over in half the time a normal human should be able to posses, a long arm slinging across sweaty pale shoulders with a gross slap of mixed sweat, "c'mon Keith, do you seriously not have any other expression besides 'brooding emo'".

Offended Violet eyes rolled haphazardly, pale hand raising up in a feeble attempt of removing the long and warm limb from his already burning skin. "Not when you are around, now get your arm off of me" Keith grumbled, successfully removing the sweaty arm away, black tanktop crinkling where his flannel was tied at the waist, black jeans beginning to burn. The sarcastic remark did nothing to temper Lance's excitement, if anything it seemed to make the brunette all the more insistent at raising the spirits of his friends.

"Really guys?? This is a once in a lifetime experience and the only one excited is Coran!?" Lance stressed, pointing towards the oldest of the group with wide eyes, earning a wave from the ginger male. Now it was Shiro's turn to scoff, prosthetic arm wrapped around Allura's slim waist while the other wiped sweat from his brow, "We are excited, Lance, just exhausted by the heat".

That remark didn't seem to satisfy the Cuban at all, a harrumph in response was all Lance could offer, eyeing the pairs walking side by side warily. Shay with Hunk, Matt with Pidge, while Coran was third wheeling with Allura and Shiro (though he didn't seem to mind).

"Well I guess me and Keith will have to throw our own party" Lance huffed, turning his head in order to look at the aforementioned male, shrinking down a little at the glare he was already receiving, 'Why is he always frowning?'. Shiro sputtered nearby, chuckling under his breath as he shook his head, "Keith is not a party person, in fact he's the one who avoids parties, so good luck getting even a smile from him".

Blue eyes widened and slightly burned cheeks lifted cheekily, Lance McClain was never one to back down from a competition, especially with his rival, and secret crush, Keith involved. Possible ways of making Shiro eat his words were quickly pushed aside once the park came into view, becoming replaced with childlike glee and happiness. "Come on! It'll start any moment now!!" He yelled, grabbing Keith by the forearm before sprinting up the hill, not noticing the sputtering mess known as Keith Kogane mere inches from his back.

Families were strewn about the freshly cut lawn, children screaming and chasing one another while parents tagged along or watched from afar, a very domestic scene. Glasses for safety of watching the soon to be eclipse were being handed out by what looked like a small group of Boy Scouts, their dark green uniforms accentuated with badges of many illustrations and colors.