Story 5 - Worst First Date Part 1

My first date with Lyle Cane was supposed to be epic. I had been dreaming of this day forever. We were going to see Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

They were replaying it at our local cinema. I had watched this movie with Nicolette a thousand times so it didn't phase me.

"You go on in babe, I'll get get us popcorn." he handed me my ticket.

I tried to hide my blush. Our first date and he's already called me babe. I sat in the very first row because I'm short.

(Ever notice how the tallest person in the theatre sits directly in front of you?)

Not tonight tall, big headed dude,  with too much hair.

Tonight is my night.

Lyle came in as the movie started. He handed me soda and popcorn.

"Thanks."

"No problem." he slid his arm around my shoulders and smiled.

Listen up girls, A HORROR MOVIE: The perfect excuse to snuggle up to a crush or boyfriend.

Or so I thought. Half an hour into the movie it got bad.

"Are you alright?" I asked Lyle.

"Yeah I - I .. I'm fine." he answered with an expression of absolute terror on his face.

With the hand that wasn't squeezing mine to death he was biting his nails. I could tell he was scared. His face was as pale as a sheet of paper.

Right when they gagged Sally in the movie. The climax, the scariest part! Here was my chance to get my cuddle on. 

I heard a girlish high pitched shriek right next to me. It was so close I nearly jumped through the ceiling.

I caught my breath, and cuddled thin air. What the?! Where was my knight in shining armor?

I looked up only to find Lyle was already halfway down the aisle!

He had taken off, and was still running like the killer was right behind him. I couldn't help it, but I laughed.

I laughed throughout the rest of the movie.

I even got some rude shushes from the crowd.

I walked into the lobby when the movie was over. Lyle was leaning against the wall near the fountain trying to look cool.

"Enjoy the movie?" he came over to me.

"Yeah it was... eventful." I coughed to stifle a laugh.

It took every ounce of will power not to crack up. "I can't believe the lady next to me screamed like that." he rolled his eyes.

That broke my will power. I erupted with laughter. I fell to the ground while wiping tears from my eyes.

I rolled around, and held my sides. I was getting insane looks from movie dwellers, but I didn't care.

 Soon I regained my self awareness, and stood back up.

Now Lyle's arms were folded and he was scarlett red.

"Are you done?" he demanded.

He was furious.