Chapter 15: Excuse

[Hwang Hyunjin's POV]

We didn't leave the company right after we had practice. Some of our Hyungs said that they want to sleep at the company as they're lazy to return home. But Changbin Hyung asks me to take care of the youngest such as Seungmin, Jeongin and Felix who wants to return home. I really want to get my phone fast but Chan Hyung offers us to have dinner at Ma Nyeo Kimbap Restaurant a few metres from our entertainment.

Chan Hyung packs us some kimbap as it is late now, 11 p.m. I order more than 10 rolls of kimbap as I know that my youngest brother eat like monsters. Chan Hyung asks them to stay at our house as they will be alone all night long. We return home nearly at 11:30 p.m. I quickly get in the house and reach for my phone. There are two text from Haneul.

❤️: Hyunjin, I am waiting at Coffee Bay. Tell me if you're near. We can have breakfast together.

9:45 a.m.

❤️: Next time tell me that you're not coming okay. I will go alone and it's just wasting my time waiting this long.

11:55 a.m.

My heart broke into a thousand pieces. "Yaa how much are you guys going to eat? We have seventeen kimbap rolls" I ask them hurriedly.

They said 12 would be okay and I pack 3 kimbap rolls into a plastic container and heads outside.

"Hyung where are y-" I slam the door close. I stand in front of Haneul's door and fix myself. I push the bell button and I can hear it rings. Silent. Have she gone to sleep?

*click* "Yes, what can I help you with?" She stated drowsily. She's so cute.

"Hey Haneul, I'm sorry about this morning. My schedule suddenly change and I've got no chance to text you because Jinyoung PD-nim didn't let us bring our phones" I tell her guiltily. I can see that she finally recognise me and her face lights up. She then h-hugs me..

"I waited for you nearly 3 hours you know. Next time if you don't tell me, I'll not walk to school together with you." She continues sleepily. I think my face is like a tomato. She shuffles her head a few times on my chest and laughs like a drunkard.

"Okay then, good night" She said and slam her door close.

Thank god the hug wasn't too long. My heart might burst. I whisper to myself while getting ready to sleep on the couch. The boys sleep on my bed so as a hyung, I need to back off. I play with my phone for a couple of minutes more and fall asleep. What a nice warm hug I got just now.

[Song Haneul's POV]
~ The Next Morning ~

I set my phone alarm at 6 a.m. last night. I take a quick shower and decide to go jogging before going to work as the café will be open at 9 a.m. I change into my all black adidas tracksuit along with my black-striped white sport shoes.

I then heads to my kitchen and find 3 rolls of kimbap on the kitchen counter

I then heads to my kitchen and find 3 rolls of kimbap on the kitchen counter. I open the wrapper and it is still good so I sit on my sofa and eat it as my breakfast. I wonder who give this to me as I remember that I don't go to kimbap food stall last night. Weird.

I suddenly remember. Shoot. Last night. What happened?! I remember that I saw Hyunjin before I went to sleep. I think he gave me the kimbap. And I remember another thing. He apologize. And then I accept his apologize. And then.... I-I hugged him!! Why did I hug him? Am I drunk last night????? Maybe I was too drowsy. Yeah, too drowsy. I quickly munch the last bite of the kimbap and throw the wrappers away.

I take out my earphone and connect it to my phone. I step out of my house and start warming up by walking down the hill. As I was walking to the nearby park, I listen to Ed Sheeran-Perfect and gradually increase my speed. After awhile, I stop at a bench and tie my hair into a ponytail. I sweat so much maybe because it has been a while since I work my body out. Well, I need to take care of my body to look great.

I finish my 120 minutes of jogging and slowly walk home. It is nearly 8 in the morning as I reach home so I take a shower again and change into my cafe uniform. It is a white collar shirt with brown stripe and a slack which fit my size perfectly. I put on my black bow at my neck and tie my hair tidily. I wear the hat given and pin it so that it won't fall while I am working. I take a cab to Cheongdam-dong and head to The Street café.

I reach the café about 8:50 in the morning and it is still close. I sit at the nearest bench and wait for the boss to come. I can see some of the idols like GOT7 and TWICE heading to JYP Entertainment building. Then, my boss, Wooyoung arrive and is shock to see that I'm the first one here. He arrives sharp at 9 a.m. He open the door and heads to his office. He asked me to arrange the tables, chairs and lay out the eating utensils on the table which I obey. You know, being a 15 years old girl is so hard when you have to flip the tables and chairs all alone.

I scan my punch card and continue arranging the chair. Then, the lay from yesterday arrive and we introduce ourselves. Her name is Shin Sangmin and she is a full time worker. She said that I can ask her anything if I find it hard or anything. What a good new friend.

I then hear the bell ring and shout a 'welcome' but then I find someone familiar. It's Chanho's friend Donghan which is my rarely seen neighbour. I bow at him and he quickly gets in the staff section. I ask who is he to Sangmin and she said he is the Manager here. He holds the highest position beside the boss. She said that I should be careful around him because he rarely talk with people except for the customers and when he does, it will only be a fight.

I then proceed in taking customers' order, sending drinks and food, as well as mopping the ground. I clean up after a customer is done with their food. Wooyoung said I can't make drinks or food because that is only what full time workers do so I'll just do the minor thing.

It is now 5 p.m. and Wooyoung said I can go home at 5 p.m. but if I want more money, I can work till late night. I continue to work until 8 p.m. I scan my punch card again and open my apron. The café is open until 12 a.m. so Sangmin and Donghan had to stay. I take a cab and return home.

I sleep for a while in the cab on the way home and quickly pay the cab driver. I get in my house, take a shower and I don't have an appetite so I didn't eat dinner. I check my phone and Hyunjin asked me where am I, why didn't I reply to his messages. I then answer,

Me: Sorry, I go to work just now. I found my part time job. Sorry for not telling you earlier.

Then he quickly seen it and is 'typing...'

Hyunjin: oh really? Where do you work?

Me: At The Street near JYP Entertainment.

Hyunjin: Oh really? Then I will come whenever I'm free to enjoy foods there.

Me: Hahahah yeah, thanks for supporting me. I should sleep now, it is late. Good night Hyunjin 🌈

Hyunjin: Good night Haneul!! Have a nice sleep 💜
_________________________________________
Please leave a comment if you like it or not and don't forget to vote ;)

Please promote this book if possible ❤️