19 +

y'all they're so whipped for each other i can't
(btw they're covering a dance lol)

///

I gripped the end of my dress anxiously. The pair before us were halfway through, and I could feel my anxiety rising.

'You'll be fine, Hayoon. You've trained for years. This is just another competition.' Yuri whispered in assurance.

She rubbed her wrinkly hands over my tense shoulders, making me relax by the slightest bit. The dance wasn't really the majority of why I was all nervous.

It was the fact that I had to dance with Yugyeom that made me feel queasy inside. I feel like I would get lost in his eyes and trip over my own feet. Or I might stare at his lips for one second too long and forget to move my body. It was crazy how he just made me stop.

He didn't even have to do anything. All he could do was curve his lips upwards and that would be all that would take to get me flustered. I would freeze in my spot and all my words would disappear from my mouth. My mind would forget every thought racing through it and it would be as if I was drawing a blank whenever he was around.

He made me feel things that many people could not.

I heard the music stop, and I heard my name escape their lips. I exhaled a quiet and shaky breath. Yugyeom was right next to me, glancing at me fondly. We stood up, clearing our formal outfits of creases. He swiftly interlaced his fingers with my mines and the only thing on my mind was his warm touch.

'Are you ready?' His silvery voice spoke up softly, and I turned to look at him.

No. 'Yes.' And with that, we stepped out onto the stage.

The familiar feeling of the spotlight gave heat to my back and crowds of people huddled together anticipating what was to come. Sicheng, Taeyong, Yuta, and the rest of NCT (as they called themselves) was there. They hollered and cheered the loudest. Three judges were lined up with emotionless expressions and they simply waved to start the music.

I slowly and reluctantly pulled my fingers away from Yugyeom's as we stared each other face to face. We listened for our cue, and once we would start we knew we would give it our all until the end.

I glanced to the side quickly and saw Hoseok and the rest of our dance team. My painted lips tugged upwards in a smile and I turned back to the judges. I felt a little more confident as the familiar whistling could be heard.

I locked gazes with Yugyeom before we turned so we were side by side, moving our bodies to the rhythm. My feet moved slickly and I curved my arm so that it looked like I was caressing my hair.

Cheonnune neol araboge dwaesseo
seorol bulleowatteon geotcheoreom
nae hyeolgwan sok DNAga malhaejweo
naega chaja hemaedeon neoraneun geol

Uri mannameun suhage gongshik
jonggyoye yulbeob ujuye seobri

Naege jueojin unmyeonge jeunggeo
neoneun nae kkume chulcheo
Take it take it
neoege naemin nae soneun jeonghaejin sungmyeong

Our bodies moved perfectly in sync. My expression contorted into one of confidence and I added a bit of my own style into it. We were sharp and danced powerfully. I could see the judges and their eyebrows raised a little.

I smirked.

Geokjeonghaji ma Love
i modeun geon uyeoni aninikka
urin wanjeon dalla Baby
unmyeongeul chajanaen durinikka