1 +

///

'And 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 and 1 and 2 and...' My dance instructor repeated as she guided me through the moves. I followed her step, letting myself drift with the beat.

The dance was quite long, with simple looking but difficult footwork. It required a lot of jumping and turning and would take a lot of my energy. The beat was moderately fast and I knew she was challenging me when she wanted me to learn this dance. She was me training to be the captain of the dance team and this was one of the final trainings.

Her counting picked up pace as well as our body movements and I tried my hardest to keep up. I turned and twisted and my body as I tried my best to make it look nice. I let my movements go in sync and I almost lost myself in the beat of the song.

Dancing was my passion, and it was hard not to just completely immerse myself in it all the time.

As the song faded out, I breathed heavily while I standed in the ending position. I didn't try to rest until the music finally ended, and I tried to catch my breath. Sweat was mixed in my black locks as my forehead glistened in the light. One side of my jacket was hanging from my arm and I quickly readjusted it over my shoulder.

'You did well, Hayoon. You kept up with the pace and was passionate with what you were doing.' She complimented I smiled and scratched the back of my neck.

'Thank you.' I replied at her as she just smiled.

'Go rest, you've done enough for today.' She waves me off and I bow in respect before collecting my stuff.

I slung my backpack straps over my shoulder as I stuffed my water bottle in the side pocket. I pulled out my earbuds and pressed the shuffle button on my playlist. Attaching a black mask on my face, I exited the big room and started walking down the hallways.

I passed by the ballet classes, the beginnings and the other pro classes that I'm not in. I was going to be captain of one of the pro classes, but I was also told that I would have a co-captain that would lead alongside me.

I watched the other pro teams dancing. Their foreheads were covered in beads of sweat like mine was just a few minutes ago. They would do unique moves with their arms and legs, and I could tell that they were just as passionate a I am.

I turned around and got ready to leave, when suddenly I bumped into someone's chest. I looked up, embarrassed, and was met with soft looking brown eyes. He looked down at me with an amused expression, and stepped backwards. I stood frozen in embarrassment and I awkwardly smiled, but it was hidden by the mask.

'I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you.' I said, using formal terms. I pulled the mask down to my chin so it wouldn't muffle my words.

'It's okay.' He said back.

'Uhm, I have to go.' I say.

"Right." He replies.

"Well... bye." I said with an awkward sort of wave and walked away.

'Wait!' He shouts suddenly as I begin to turn the other direction, heading towards the other exit.

'Yes?' I reply.

'What's your name?' He questions me, and I arch my right eyebrow in confusion.

'Park Hayoon.' I say, and turn and walk faster away from the mystery guy.

I suddenly felt idiotic telling my name to him, and I didn't even know why I did. He could be some criminal and he needed to know my name to look up information about me and murder me. Maybe now he was gonna stalk me and find my home address.

But I tried to think rationally.

Why would a criminal being hanging around in a dance building? He looks about my age as well. What if he was my co-captain? What if he was just waiting for a friend in the room I was looking into? Maybe he just wanted to know my name just incase we see each other again.

I shook off all my thoughts as I exited the three story building. The night breeze cooled me as I walked through the empty streets of Seoul. A car would pass by every once in a while to let me know that I wasn't completely alone in the black night. I put on my hood as I tried to blend in the shadows to get home safely.

I could see my small house in the distance and I almost breathed a sigh of relief before something snatched the fabric of my jacket, pulling me into a dark alley. I screamed as the earbuds flew out of my ear, a rough hand covering my mouth. My eyes began to water as I couldn't get a clear view of the man doing this to me.

'Hey lady.' He smirks in the shadows.

'Let me go.' I cry, my voice all muffled up by his large hand.

'I don't think so lady.' He licks his bottom lip.

'This is so damn cliche...' I think to myself as I feel his dirty hands starting to move around my sides.

No no no n-

'Hey, you!' Someone shouts, using informal language.

The man looks towards his direction angrily and stomps over to him. He looked like he was fuming, while my savior kept his cool. I couldn't get a good look at him seeing as the man who tried touching me had his back covering him. I hugged my jacket closer to me as I sat down on the concrete. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rocked back and forth.

I heard a bunch of yelling and skin against skin until I heard a thud. I knew that one of them was knocked out and I desperately hoped that it was the pervert who caught me. Fortunately, a soft touch-which was the opposite of the touch of a few minutes ago-held my arm gently. I looked up to see a familiar face.

Round brown eyes.

'You?' I say shakily, recognizing the man from the building.

'I knew your name would come in handy, Hayoon.' He grabs my hand and I take it and he helps me up.

///

edited.