11+

///

We arrived at the amusement park, the atmosphere clearly uncomfortable. Yugyeom had already payed for our tickets, and Sicheng and I thanked it silently. I scooted a bit closer to Sicheng, Yugyeom not thinking much of it.

My eyes wandered around all the rides here. Faint screams could be heard by the people in the roller coaster, and children can be seen giggling on the carousel. I felt a smile creep up on my face, my mood brightening just the tiniest bit.

'Let's go ride the roller coaster!' I hear Yugyeom exclaim suddenly, and my eyes dart towards him.

'Uh, you can go. I'll stay here.' I say quickly, and Yugyeom looks at me.

'Are you scared?' He asks me, smirking.

Gosh, please don't do that.

'N-No, I just don't feel like riding roller coasters right now.' I lie to him, and he cocks his head to the side.

'Come on, it'll be fun.' Sicheng adds, looking at me teasingly since he knows I absolutely despise roller coasters.

I opened my mouth to decide against it, but they suddenly grabbed both my arms and pulled me towards the line. It was relatively short, which meant that we would get into the ride sooner.

I panicked and tried to shake myself out of their grip, but they were too strong. My eyes widened fearfully and as I didn't want to ride the roller coaster at all. Sicheng and Yugyeom laughed happily as they got me into line, their hands still not released from mines.

I blushed at how Yugyeom's fingers intertwined with mines so perfectly, and I sighed deeply. Eventually, I was finally able to let go of his hand, and just held onto Sicheng.

'You're not going to let me go, are you?' I raised an eyebrow at my childhood best friend, and he shook his head while grinning.

'Nope.' He popped the 'p' and I sighed like I didn't enjoy spending time with him.

But in reality, I enjoy hanging out wth him. A lot.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Yugyeom scrunching his eyebrows together. He looked irritated, and as uncomfortable and awkward as I am with him, I was still worried. My eyes glinted with worry, and I eventually let my hand slip out of Sicheng's.

Damn my feelings.

'Hey, are you okay?' I asked Yugyeom, and he looked at me with a strained smile.

'Yeah, I'm okay.' He shrugged.

'Are you sure... you seem annoyed by something.' I continued.

'I'm fine, Hayoon.' He said sternly, and I backed off.

I had forgotten that we were in line for a roller coaster, but I was brought back to reality when I looked up to see the seats in front of me. The feeling of anxiousness rose up in my chest again and I gulped nervously.

'It'll be fun, I promise.' Sicheng whispered softly, and I nodded, still feeling a little nervous.

When the gate opened, I hesitantly stepped on the roller coaster and sat down in the middle seat, Yugyeom and Sicheng on either side of me. We strapped on our seat belts as I took in a shaky breath. Everything turned silent, and the ride started moving forward.