14 +

///

'Your friends are so fun, and cute too!' I exclaimed dreamily as Sicheng walked with me to my home.

'Nah, they're pretty ugly.' He shrugged and I hit his arm lightly.

'Yah, they're your friends. You can't say that.' I exclaimed and he rolled your eyes.

'How many times have you called me ugly in the past, hm?' He said to me, and I shut my mouth.

'Exactly.' He said triumphantly and I rolled my eyes and looked away.

'Whatever.' I mumbled and he just laughed his ear blessing laugh.

Gosh, I really missed my best friend.

'So... what are you going to do with Yugyeom?' He suddenly asked, and I sighed deeply.

'I don't know, honestly. We still lead the dance team together and I always make eye contact with him in college. I still have to do this duet dance with him because I promised one of the members of the dance team.' I explained and he just hummed in response.

'You have to forgive him sooner or later.' He said hesitantly.

'I-I don't know Sicheng. He doesn't need me, he said so himself. That ex of his will always make him happy, no matter what.' I huffed frustratedly.

'He's pretty stupid for saying that. No one can make me as happy as you do, if I'm being quite honest,' Sicheng says, and I look at him in surprise.

'You always make my mood, and I practically screamed in happiness when I met with you again. You're one of a kind, you know? And I'm really glad you're my friend.' He said, the look in his eyes were sincere, but his smile was strained.

I found it a bit confusing. What was wrong?

I brushed it off, and my cheeks began to heat up at his words.

'T-Thanks. You're one of a kind too. Any girl would be lucky to have you.' I smiled at him and he smiled back, but his smile wasn't as big as mine.

It started to annoy me a little bit. Is there another friend that doesn't trust me enough to tell me important things with their lives? I started to feel like I wasn't good enough, that I wasn't a great enough friend to be trusted with such things in their lives.

But I've been friends with Sicheng for years, what could he possibly not trust me with? He knows me like the back of his hand, he knows that I would support him in everything. So why, why won't anyone tell me what's happening?

'Hayoon, are you okay? You seem a bit quiet.' Sicheng suddenly says, and i stop walking and turn to face him.

'Tell me.' I say, searching his brown eyes for any clues as to what he's hiding from me.

'W-What?' He stutters out, obviously taken aback.

'What, you think I wouldn't notice? I've been your best friend for as long as I can even remember, Sicheng. What is it that you're not telling me? I see your strained smile when you look at me. Your hesitant voice when talking to me at times. What is it?' I ramble, looking at him with stern eyes, laced in slight concern.

'Look, just because we're best friends doesn't mean you need to know everything about my private life.' I stand there, shocked at his words.

'We have our own lives and our own privacy. Please respect my privacy. I trust you with everything, I truly do. I just need some time before telling you.' He says calmly, and I'm amazed he can act so calm when I just ramble my head off, demanding an answer to his behavior.

I knew he was right though, we have our own privacy and we should respect that. I sigh, and my eyes soften at him.

'I know, and I'm sorry. It's just... you worry me. I just wanna help. I feel like I'm not good enough of a friend to have people trust me with things.' I say, my voice quiet, but audible.

'Of course I trust you. I trust you with my entire life. I just need some time. And when I'm prepared for what's to come, I'll tell you. Okay?' He says, and I nod. Though I can't help but let his words confuse me.

Why would he need to be prepared for what's to come. What's going to come? What's happening?

As curious as I was, I knew that I wouldn't want my privacy taken away from me. So, I just kept quiet and simply nodded at him.

'Well, we're here.' I say, gesturing to my house.

'Yeah... we are.' He confirms.

Suddenly, he goes and pulls me into a tight hug. It lasts longer than I expected, but I was overjoyed to be in his warm arms.

'Thank you for being such a good friend.' He grins at me, before turning and walking off.

I cocked my head at him, confused and in awe, and went into my home. I didn't expect to see Mark and Yugyeom sitting on my couch.

I screeched and dropped my keys on the floor. I looked at them in shock-more to Yugyeom than Mark-and blinked repeatedly. Was I hallucinating?

'H-How'd you get in here? W-Why'd you bring him? What's going on?' I say, pointing at Yugyeom as I ranted out my thoughts. I seemed to be doing that a lot these days.

'Hayoon, we need to talk about something.' Mark started off, and I slowly took a seat far away from them, mostly away from Yugyeom.

As he said those words, I couldn't help but feel nervous and anxious on the inside.

///

A/N: sorry there isn't much yugyeom and hayoon action as you'd like.