8 +

There's a chance that there might be a book coming out soon....

///

Hayoon's POV...

I stirred slowly, feeling comfortable. Sunlight was warming up my face and I opened one eye. I looked to see that I was in my bed, in comfortable pajamas. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I couldn't recall walking back home. The last time thing I remember is falling asleep on Yugyeom's shoulder at the beach in front of the fire.

Questions swarmed my mind. How's did I get here? Who changed me? When did I get here? What happened when I fell asleep? I sighed before picking my phone off of my bedside table.

10:03 AM

I scrolled through Yugyeom's and the other's messages, saying that they dropped me off here when I was asleep and I changed myself into my pajamas. I saw a glimpse of me crawling onto my bed in my clothes so it must be true.

Exiting out of our texts, my eyes wandered to the texts in between Sicheng and I. My eyes widened as I remembered that I was going to meet up with him today. My breathing quickened as i immediately darted to the bathroom. I cleaned myself up and threw my bland clothes out of my closet.

I didn't usually dress really nicely for going out, just a shirt and jeans. But when it comes to Dong Sicheng, my childhood best friend whom I haven't talked to or seen in person for years, it counts now.

As I looked through my clothes, memories from the second we met, to the day we said bye, flashed through my mind. My eyes filled up with happy tears but I didn't cry. I seem to cry so much easier nowadays and I hate it.

In the end, I ended up wearing a teal, long sleeved crop top with leggings that were ripped at the knees. I cleaned my face and slipped on my converse and tied up my hair in a high ponytail.

(Rip quality lmao)

(Rip quality lmao)

I had my phone, my keys and my wallet with me as I went outside, my body filled with different emotions. I felt happy, sad, and nervous. Just because I'm meeting my best friend again. It's been so long since I've seen him and I'm so happy, but I also feel nervous about meeting him again.

What would he think of me now?

To calm myself down, I went to the small diner near the park we were meeting at, the time now 2:37 in the afternoon. I went up to the counter and ordered my usual cold drink and went to sit back down at an empty table. I stared at the park just a few blocks down longingly, almost aching just to get a glimpse of him in real life. I couldn't wait, that was something most people disliked about me. I was impatient.

They gave me my drink, and I walked out of the diner. My mind was still racing and my body was so full of energy. I just couldn't calm myself down. I didn't have anything else to do today then meet him again, so I just waited by the bench in front of the park.

I watched as people walked by, trying to guess what could've made them run down the sidewalk or go by with a pained expression. I didn't expect to see many familiar faces today, just Sicheng's.

But then I saw someone I'd didn't expect. They weren't with the group I would've expected them to be with. He was with a girl. It made my heart ache painfully and it hurt to watch them interact. He was smiling widely, how he's never smiled to me before. My heart fluttered at his gesture that wasn't towards me, and they leaned in for a kiss. The girl didn't seem into it at all, and I could tell she was slightly disgusted.

It made me angry, seeing how it seemed like she was just using him and that she wasn't happy. If I was with him, I would give all of my love with no room for anyone else. But no, he had someone he lived already who didn't live him back. It hurt, a lot, knowing that someone you're in love with is with someone else.

I've never felt this much sadness ever since Sicheng left.

For the second time today, tears welled up in my eyes, but it was because of a different emotion. Sadness. All because of seeing Kim Yugyeom happy with another girl who doesn't even like him.

The tears were too strong to hold back, so I just left them fall. I quickly sniffled and wiped my eyes, seeing people giving me odd glances. Yugyeom was across the street, too distracted by his girlfriend to even know that I was there, watching, across the street.

I quickly composed myself, and threw away my drink to a trash can nearby. I took in deep breaths and carefully wiped my eyes. I didn't have any makeup on just come concealer and lipgloss.

I just stared at them. Not like a stalker or anything, but just looking. I know I shouldn't break my heart more than doing this, but I just couldn't help it. I could see the spark in his eyes whenever she's with him. I could tell that that girl means so much to him. She means much more than me.

But I pulled myself together again, and tore my gaze away from them. I decided to go and walk into the park, the time being 3:30 PM. It was so close, but so far. My hands played with the other as my eyes would scan the faces of the people in the park every once in a while. My foot tapped on the concrete in nervousness.

There weren't many people in the park which wasn't very normal seeing its popularity, but I was glad. It meant more private time with Sicheng, and it made me glad.

I glance at my phone again. 3:59 PM, it read. I gulped down my saliva as I got up from the bench. I would be seeing him again. I would get to hug him again. I would get to hang out with him again. I would have my best friend again.

My heart as pounding in my ears and it drowned out all sound from the outside world. I just stood the middle of an almost empty park, waiting for him. I had long forgotten Yugyeom and his girl in this moment, because all I could focus on was meeting him again.

And as I stood, the time ticked another minute, and Sicheng was there.

///

A/N : Sorry for the cliffhanger (not really. But school is starting soon which is sad. Sigh.

dance || k.ygOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara